Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 10:57 AM

Re: Chromebooks

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
My Chrome book was a Toshiba, I think. It had an HD display - 1080p and I think 4GB of RAM but there was only a 16GB SSD in it. This wasn't a problem for me personally as I had little on there.

It did support USB-3 though - if that's not the correct name it's the one where you can see blue in the port. So connecting it to an external hard drive was no problem.

I think some of the new Chromebooks use USB-C and you may need an adaptor if you want to connect it to an external hard drive although some of those also support USB-C too.
Yes, I can in fact see a distinct advantage in having a fast SSD drive internally for speed of booting up and opening up things, along with a large external hard drive with fast USB connection for storage.

Perhaps one day it may occur to someone to include both in a Chromebook to avoid having to carry two separate bits of kit around when on the move!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top