Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 07:33 PM

Re: Dentists Charge Like Wounded Bulls

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My teeth are good and l feel lucky l still have teeth. My dentist doesn’t just skim over them, she is very thorough.
I’d have thought a hygienist was only necessary if you have gum disease as they go deeper under your gums.
You're lucky with a good dentist. You'd usually see a periodontist for gum care. A hygienist just cleans more thoroughly and skilfully than a dentist. It should take 30 mins to an hour.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You're lucky with a good dentist. You'd usually see a periodontist for gum care. A hygienist just cleans more thoroughly and skilfully than a dentist. It should take 30 mins to an hour.
My dentist doesn’t do them for that long. Maybe, about 15 minutes.
I’d imagine, you’d have to have a lot of plaque and tartar on your teeth for it to take up to an hour?

I do use those interdental brushes that l think help.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 07:58 PM

Wait till you get to my age. Your teeth will then be left in a cup of water and Steradent overnight in the bathroom.
Seriously though you look after them while you can because once they are gone there,s no getting them back again.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top