Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 04:54 PM

Re: The Sheer Arrogance of Guy Verhofstadt in Full Colour Tonight.

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Viewing nigel's track record where public money is concerned, I'm not surprised a journalist is curious about this.
Surely not another Arron Banks type donation??? As has been said on this forum re-Assange what has he got to hide if he's not guilty?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 04:55 PM

Everytime Verhofstadt and his vermin mates open their foul mouthed gobs Farage will get another 100k of public money as membership fees to the Brexit Party.

Lets make it 39 billion !
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Viewing nigel's track record where public money is concerned, I'm not surprised a journalist is curious about this.

Your mate David Cameron holds the record for that.

£9 million I do believe ....
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Surely not another Arron Banks type donation??? As has been said on this forum re-Assange what has he got to hide if he's not guilty?
And why should he wish to name someone who has given a generous donation if that person wishes to remain anonymous? perchance he was a former Tory or Labour donor?
As long as the regulators who must be informed of names and organisations that donate to the Brexit Party, have been so informed, Nigel has every right to tell any Tom, Dick or Harry interviewer to do one!. None of their business at all unless all competing parties do exactly the same.

Or is that too much equality for your sensitive soul?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 05:29 PM

Thanks for the 'heads up' on this. I will watch it on iplayer .

Can't stand that man Verhofstadt , or anything he stands for. He's an arch enemy of Farage, so no doubt he'll be sweating at the brow.

Such a creep that he is, he's been travelling around our universities for quite a long time now giving speeches to the gullible.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 05:39 PM

This from the Spectator.

Oh dear, looks like Mike Gapes of Change UK was caught out of its UK funding.

With less than a month to go until the EU elections, and with Nigel’s Brexit Party surging in the polls, pressure is continuing to build on Change UK - the Independent Group, who performance has been far less impressive than its rival.

Seeking to change that, was Change UK MP Mike Gapes, who went on Iain Dale’s LBC radio show to sell his party to the public. The former Labour MP started off strongly, by attacking the source of the Brexit Party’s funds, saying:

“Well, it’ll be interesting to see the huge amounts of funding Nigel Farage has had from various dubious sources”

Unfortunately, it was quickly pointed out to Gapes that the Brexit Party had already revealed that it received one large donations of £200,000, but was otherwise funded by 90,000 donations of £25.

By comparison, would Change UK tell the public where it was getting its money from? Apparently not. Although Gapes suggested that ‘all political parties need to be transparent about our sources of income and where we are getting it from’, but when asked how many donations his party had actually received, he could only reply:

“I don’t know. I honestly can’t tell you how many donations we’ve had. I know we’ve had lots of small donations from people and our whole campaign is being funded by the money that is donated by people who believe that we need to remain in the European Union."

Doh! What an idiot.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
By comparison, would Change UK tell the public where it was getting its money from? Apparently not. Although Gapes suggested that ‘all political parties need to be transparent about our sources of income and where we are getting it from’, but when asked how many donations his party had actually received, he could only reply:
SG I am not surprised some are shy about discussing the funding for Change UK , I read a few years ago that Tony Blair was looking to start a new party and to arrange the funding some information here....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...d-independent/

As Blair is about as popular as a bad smell with much of the public you can see why some are shy to disclose funding if he is involved...

August 2017
Tony Blair is said to be actively looking for donors to fund a new centrist party and a handful of senior Labour MPs are also rumoured to be working behind the scenes to build a new movement.

Moderate MPs are reportedly speaking to donors in a bid to build up a war chest to fund the breakaway from supporters of the current leader.

Many frustrated Labour MPs believe that Umunna is best-placed to be leader of the new party – and the latest Register of Member's Interests suggests that a few big Labour donors might agree.

It reveals that Umunna was recently given £25,000 by Victor Blank, the former chairman of Lloyds TSB. He previously gave £150,000 to Labour in the run-up to the 2015 election, when Ed Miliband was leader.

Umunna was also handed £15,000 by property tycoon Sir David Garrard, who donated around £700,000 to Labour before Corbyn was leader.

And he took £5,000 from Paul Myners, the former chairman of Marks & Spencer and Guardian Media Group who was made City minister by Gordon Brown.

All three donations were registered last month by Umunna. Blank's donation is to fund 'staff employment' but there are no clues about what the other £20,000 should be spent on.
https://www.totalpolitics.com/articl...h-chuka-umunna
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

08-05-2019, 06:17 PM

Gina Miller got 400k from George Soros for her grubby little campaign.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

08-05-2019, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
SG I am not surprised some are shy about discussing the funding for Change UK , I read a few years ago that Tony Blair was looking to start a new party and to arrange the funding some information here....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...d-independent/

As Blair is about as popular as a bad smell with much of the public you can see why some are shy to disclose funding if he is involved...
Meg,I wish there was one interviewer out there with the backbone to ask a Change UK party member if Tony Blair is the instigator or main donor of their party. I thought that vile man had gone to ground recently. You may well be right that his dirty fingerprints are central to their party.

Oh well, they had better get used to being second and get used to sitting behind or near the SNP MP's. I can almost guarantee they will never again sit on the winning seats.
I doubt if the likes of Anne Soubry will be elected again. She shot her bolt with her treachery, and is only visible still because she bailed before being pushed out.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 11:30 PM

Did anyone else watch this programme?

On BBC4 this evening, the second part tomorrow evening.

If so, what did you think?

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top