Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 06:15 AM

Re: Five European Countries that should be afraid, very afraid.

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I no longer believe we ever come out of eurofilh.
I agree Tabs and I'm begining to not even care I really hope the BREXIT party does well in the European elections though that might turn out to be our final protest.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Well twink, as a matter of fact, that is exactly what the EU did. Time and again they said, this is the deal, we will not renegotiate.
That means the only alternative is no deal. But your own HoC voted this possibility out.
It's this deal or no deal, but your mp's haven't got the balls to actually leave. A second referendum will determine whether the population of the UK still has the wish to leave.
There is no doubt that some of our MPs will do anything to stay in the EU..... but that doesn't mean it is the right decision!
MEPs all have different opinions on how to deal with the UK leaving, but isn't that the problem when you try to create a big country that allows 27 states, with different opinions, to make decisions? Each state will be looking after it's own area and this means that different laws will exist in the states of big country, just as it does in the USA! The USA may make money but it cannot treat people as equal, if the level of punishment for serious crime is decided by which state you live in.
The only reason you want us to stay in the EU, is so people in your country won't lose jobs...so a selfish reason to make sure your country get's what it wants. You would have to be stupid if you don't consider that it will be a disaster when 27 countries try to make all of the people equal, because they never will be!
Personally I would never wish to live in the USA, just as I have no wish to live in a State of Europe... that is why I voted to leave! Any country, that is totally dominated by money, will become a cut throat country where only those with money will survive

I believe that a second referendum will just get the lazy people, who couldn't be bothered to vote last time, to vote, but I also believe that those who voted leave, last time, will still vote leave. Our Goverment's inability to achieve what the country voted for last time, will probably encourage more people to vote leave... after all, our last vote was to force them to listen to the people & not believe that they can have what they want. New parties are now being created so our Labour v Conservatives may be prevented from having majority control!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 07:55 AM

The rest of Europe is probably too busy falling about laughing at Brexit to be very afraid.

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 08:05 AM

A second referendum will determine whether the population of the UK still has the wish to leave. What rubbish, next a third and another and yet another.

Once is enough we voted out so just accept it Solasch.

It is what our country decided not yours.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 08:11 AM

Le Penn overtakes Macron in the polls for the european elections.

Should be an interesting 5 years
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
The rest of Europe is probably too busy falling about laughing at Brexit to be very afraid.

They may be Bruce, but always remember " He who laughs last, laughs loudest!"
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
They may be Bruce, but always remember " He who laughs last, laughs loudest!"
We shall see but I fear this may not end well.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 12:52 PM

I can never understand why there is no comprehension that what's bad for the EU is bad for us too. We aren't going to stop trading with these countries so why do you want them to fail? Recession in the US and other countries affects us too. We don't have to be part of a trading block to be affected by economic decline elsewhere. There is a global economic model and we are all in it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
five countries terrified of brexit.

An interesting read by joe barnes, brussels correspondent.

I just don’t understand why the eu has treated the uk with such disdain from the very beginning of brexit as it happened in june 2016. Instead of accepting the democratic decision, they, along with our own traitorous lot, decided to act like bullies and disrespect the result. Look at what has happened in the last three years since. Instead of negotiating sensibly in a grown up way, the eu chose instead to gang up on us, in the hope that with the help of our own brussels loving elite, they could get us to do just as denmark, france, ireland, and norway did. (norway being the only one to tell them again - no!)
and still they try it with the uk.

It appears however, brexit has sent shivers down the spines of politicians in five of the eu countries, more than others, even though the eu itself is acting casual over it.

Countries such as germany, france, denmark, spain and the netherlands are particularly fearful of what will happen to their economies after brexit.

Let’s start with denmark..
Danish fishermen rely heavily on being able to net their catches off scotland. They are calling for a “balanced deal” to maintain a level of access.
Fishing in british waters accounts for 30 to 40 percent of the danish fishing sector. So it is a high priority for them.
Using our fishing grounds as a bargaining chip will definitely not be on the agenda if theresa may knows what is good for her.

The netherlands..
Surely the dutch face a similar threat to that of the danish? 40 percent of their economy is linked to dutch coastal towns being linked to fishing.
Look at the coastal town of urk, where 32 percent of the netherlands fish is bought and sold. Dutch fishermen have demanded access to british waters to save their businesses.

Demanded? Sigh, those days are long gone.

Spain..
Madrid hoped brexit would allow its government’s opportunity to snatch gibraltar back from its position as a british overseas territory, but now could face being locked out after the rock threatened to shut its borders to spanish workers.
13,000 spanish workers cross the border every day to work on the rock in jobs such as wealthy financial services industries, jobs that are simply not available in spain.
So when spain threatens to veto treating gibraltar the same as the rest of the uk with regard to brexit, gib’s own government has given a fiery warning to the spanish. - try to treat us differently and we will be free to do whatever we like with regard to workers’ rights and frontier workers.

France..
France’s automotive sector could also take a massive hit as a result of brexit, especially if trade borders are thrown up between europe and the uk.
The hauts-de-france region in the north of the country would really suffer, toyota especially, which is based there. The french port of calais could be 10 times worse than anything the irish border could throw up, with its own boss warning of 30 mile tailbacks being possible. (project fear again?) or are their fears for real?
France is so fearful that it has pleaded with the eu and the uk to put plans into place to avert congestion in calais and dover.

Germany..
It wasn’t too long ago that frankfurt was boasting of making a grab for london’s financial services businesses. Yes, if they did manage it, which i doubt, thousands of new jobs, but what about germany’s lucrative manufacturing plants? There will be more jobs lost than gained in the finance industry. Unless britain is offered a suitable post-brexit deal, germany are in big, big trouble.

So, it is not just, in the eyes of the mighty eu, little ol’ britain that need be afraid.
We all need a good deal so that we may continue to trade with each other as friendly neighbours. It’s all very well for the eu to act the big “i am”, but it is the individual countries that will suffer if they continue to act like bullying fools, albeit with the concerted efforts of our own traitorous elites.

I hope the remaining 27 countries manage to bang some heads together (metaphorically speaking) and tell them to start acting sensibly instead of actually believing they are our master. We are leaving. It’s about time they realised that fact, also, to start to treat this country and our negotiators with respect, which so far they have failed to do so on every occasion.

Rant over.

Making us stay in the eu isn’t as easy as they thought!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
France will be the only country in the EU with a nuclear deterrent. Those EU NATO contributions (or lack of them) are going to be a huge problem if Russia starts flexing its muscles. Especially if it tries to grab back those ex-Russian states ...
No worries. The much vaunted EU Army will stand up to any number of Russians - NOT!

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top