Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 06:43 PM

different garden view experiment ( video0

Ok I can see the errors I have made the big one moving too fast for focus. also need to alter the frame rate possibly as well
This is a completely new project for me so you can see how bad it was.
The object was to give the impression of a small animal walking in between the plants

If Sue had not watered the plants straight afterward I would have tried again
As they say practice makes perfect so will try again possibly tomorrow weather permitting

Anyway you can see how a beginner makes out with this technique

Ok how did I do it?

Answer a camcorder on the end of a monopod upside down
like this

then into adobe elements editing suite to turn the video the right way up and add music. Not a brilliant way of doing things but using what I have
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 08:06 AM

Re: different garden view experiment ( video0

Good idea and execution but you have to be careful of the shadows of you and the monopod.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 09:17 AM

That is another problem I have to think of as well Bruce. Maybe best to do it with the sun over head instead or not so sunny. I don't think I have seen any other attempts doing this, so either I am mad trying or a genius with the prospect of turning it into a business. OOPs that work word again, gave that up years ago
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

13-05-2019, 08:38 PM

ok second attempt.This time with fade in and fade out. A bit better than the last effort I think

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 09:40 PM

I rather like that, Realspeed.

It is an unusual aspect of a garden, the music adds but does not intrude - if you know what I mean. Kept expecting something scary to leap out!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

13-05-2019, 10:42 PM

Finding the right royalty-free music was hard getting one suitable.

What started me off was thinking how a small animal would view a garden as I said before. We always look down on a flower bed etc never at ground level.
Don't think I have seen any other video trying to do this, so I wondered how it would turn out.

this is the original before editing , background hum I think someone was mowing a lawn??

so what did I do?
First of all I opened up Adobe premier Elements 14 editing suit

Next was to get the video onto the suit ready to edit
next the video needed turning the right way up

Ok now I could start on the editing proper
First of all was to run through the whole video to see what needed cutting out. This was the start and end with lowering and raising the camcorder to turn on/off

Next
Having cut the video to what I wanted to show was to delete the original sound track, and that annoying hum. Had it not been for that I would have left as is.

then select the music I wanted to use and insert onto the sound track instead. the next thing was to trim the sound track down to the video length.

Nearly there, so to finish off was fading in and out both video and sound track together.

Job done just to put onto you-tube to post on here.

So as you can see there is a bit of work before the final product
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 05:10 AM

Including turning it the right way up?

Maybe not - it is more unusual viewed upside down.

Anyway - joking apart - I think it is an interesting experiment.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

14-05-2019, 07:27 AM

I did mention that in line 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top