Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 06:26 PM

Re: The Future of EU Border Control

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Now I see in your post how bread responded, I am (again) glad he is (the only one) on my ignore list.

I couldn't give a shit.

It saves me hours and hours of having to explain to you how the works works
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I know the UK isnt in Schengen... I never said it was

I meant the EU member states in the EU should leave it ... then they won't need drones

As was plain for all to see.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
As was plain for all to see.
Schengen is about travel between member states. The thread is about garding the outer perimeter. Two different subjects, and leaving schengen doesn't solve the problems of entering the EU by immigrants.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Schengen is about travel between member states. The thread is about garding the outer perimeter. Two different subjects, and leaving schengen doesn't solve the problems of entering the EU by immigrants.

Schengen is about border control. It means you have to show your passport.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 07:50 AM

Schengen is about border control. It means you have to show your passport.
You have obviously never driven across any borders between Schengen zone countries otherwise you would have noticed that the old customs offices are deserted and there is no need to stop let alone show a passport. The EU only has border control at the juncture between Schengen and non Schengen countries and EU countries and non EU countries

Obviously the EU travel guides in St Petersburg need updating
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 08:53 AM

Hi

The system is already in use at our airports, train stations, etc.

It identifies those with different actions and movements to the norm.

It identifies those who need to be targeted and sends a trained officer or officers to the scene.

All you get is male, female, height, clothing etc at a certain location, then a real person investigates.

We use both fixed and mobile systems for this.

I am often to be found in the early hours on beaches wading in and out of the sea.

It is called fishing.

The system can differentiate between this and an illegal or a drugs run.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 09:41 AM

I know the UK isnt in Schengen... I never said it was

I meant the EU member states in the EU should leave it ... then they won't need drones

If you knew the UK weren't in Schengan how could they leave.

In future try and be more descriptive of what you mean in a post, not much to ask.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
In future try and be more descriptive of what you mean in a post, not much to ask.

Perhaps in future be less deliberately obtuse.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

15-05-2019, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
You have obviously never driven across any borders between Schengen zone countries otherwise you would have noticed that the old customs offices are deserted and there is no need to stop let alone show a passport. The EU only has border control at the juncture between Schengen and non Schengen countries and EU countries and non EU countries

Obviously the EU travel guides in St Petersburg need updating
I lived on and off for 15 years on the Swiss / German / French border. I know exactly how border controls work and how Schengen works.

If you read your post and then read what I wrote before, you're actually agreeing with me.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 11:32 AM

I lived on and off for 15 years on the Swiss / German / French border. I know exactly how border controls work and how Schengen works.

If you read your post and then read what I wrote before, you're actually agreeing with me.
Then why do you think passports need to be shown ok the Schengen xo e?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top