Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 10:36 PM

Re: Does anyone else have too many hobbies?

I had to pack in most of my hobbies over the years because of ill health things like woodworking and football did take up most of my time.
Now its just music,gardening and watching movies although I have restarted model making again with plaster of paris which again is not to good on the lungs but I have managed to make 10 various butterflys for the garden fence's and undercoated them all last week. They are ready for the colours now so that will give me plenty to do for a few weeks.

So its.
Music
Gardening
Movies
Modelling
Painting.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
So you have the best of both worlds; a crotch rocket for peak speed & performance and a cruiser for leisure biking.
You have a very understanding wife.
That's very true - she doesn't mind at all generally.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 10:53 PM

Mine are:

Musical Theatre - My latest visit was to see The Solid Gold 60's show starring Marty Wilde. I was there Friday night.

Cinema - I'm going to see 'Rocket Man' on Weds.

Walking - I like to get out in the lovely Derbyshire dales & peaks every week. I go with my friend but nowadays we don't go so far. Usually 4 or 5 miles but we really enjoy it.

Others are:
Exercise class
Gym
Reading
Computing
Container gardening

The thing I love most is spending time with my 6 year old autistic grandson Josh. Only for a few hours a week - sometimes overnight but I treasure that time.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 08:17 AM

No, I don't think I have too many hobbies, but I don't want any more if I can help it
Some I've had for years, since I was a boy, and some I've only taken up in the past few years since I retired -

Model making; the plastic kits like Airfix, though there are other manufacturers

Hiking & backpacking, though I've definitely slowed down recently

Photography; I used to be quite keen on this when it was 35mm film, but I just can't get the hang of digital, and hardly take any now

Car mechanics; I used to do quite a bit of this, but it has stopped for a few reasons - modern cars are more difficult to work on, I'm getting too fat & old to lie on my back changing gearboxes, and I've downsized to a flat without a garage or even a drive. There doesn't seem to be a local classic car club, engineering society or similar

Knife making. Some people make their own blades but you have to be keen, and have the facilities to do that. I buy in ready made blades then fit my own handles

Leatherwork. This is an offshoot of knife making. At first it was just a means to an end of making the sheaths, but now I'm making them to a better standard, and have started to do belts

Touring or for want of a better description 'looking at England'. Perhaps as my backpacking has reduced, I have become more interested in visiting museums, castles, & historic areas, both rural & urban/industrial
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 08:39 AM

FENDER

You might like this forum, though it is subscription only, £5 pa by Paypal

www.edgematters.uk
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 10:51 AM

I don't have too many hobbies, just not enough time!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
FENDER

You might like this forum, though it is subscription only, £5 pa by Paypal

www.edgematters.uk
Thanks buddy - I'll take a look.
The USA site Blade Forums is very good as well.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Mine was Terminator, but the ladies used to call me the impregnator....
Equus means horse in latin & there was a Horseman on the CB radio & he kept asking me if I was a good ride.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

20-05-2019, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Equus means horse in latin & there was a Horseman on the CB radio & he kept asking me if I was a good ride.
Did you answer him though Tiff?.........
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Did you answer him though Tiff?.........
I told him he wasn't my type & I'd buck him off.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top