Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 03:22 AM

Re: What makes you feel uncomfortable?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Bratti this was the norm in the discount chains that you'd go to as a student. It was disgusting having to get your kit off in front of a room of strangers but they all felt just as bad.

I've never been to Canada so not sure whether you have them there too, but in the US they had those really big gaps at the bottom of public toilet doors. So anyone can just come under the gap and have a good look at you on the toilet! That was quite a shock when I first went to the US in the late 80s. You go to the loo at the airport when you land and you feel really insecure!
Truthfully I’ve never been to a store that had communal changing rooms, however our toilet stall doors do have the big gaps and in public school a few people did crawl underneath. I had some odd friends back then
Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
We had communal gym class changing rooms at my girls' school and it's amazing at 13 what skills you gain in changing under a skirt without anyone seeing your underwear. It's a skill that is really useful when you have to change into your bikini on the beach in later years!
You know I don’t remember changing in front of other girls in gym class. I think I probably changed in the bathroom. I was shy like that and oddly enough I never took gym in high school but wish I had.
Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Likewise Bratti. We're all the same wavelength here although I think we would rather feel more at ease with our circumstances in these situations.
Really! That’s what my husband is always telling me Floydy. He says most people are afraid. They are just better at hiding it than I am. Maybe he’s right.

Originally Posted by Cache ->
I don't like having too many people around me, it makes me feel like I'm unable to breathe, yet I'm outwardly sociable. I go through phases of not wanting to be around people at all, but then after a while I start socializing again.
I think I get SAD as I'm a hermit in winter months.
Wow Cache. You sound so similar to me. I go through stages of being super introverted to suddenly being sociable and much has to do with the seasons. I get SAD also. It has an impact for sure.

I suppose we all have more in common than not.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 04:56 AM

Re: What makes you feel uncomfortable?

Gossip.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top