Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 10:53 PM

Re: Did He Really say That?

Animals in the wild do not bathe every day.
They do not smell bad, and they never wear underwear or use toilet paper either.

I have asked those awful Cats who use my garden as a toilet, to bring their own toilet paper.

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I think I read somewhere that Napoleon didn't like his women to be washed beforehand. He liked them all sweaty and smelly. Is that because he was French do you think.
She was known as Smelly Nellie!

Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
However if everyone was the same ( smelly) most people wouldn't notice !
Also it was so blooming cold a lot of the time people probaby didn't sweat too much .
Yes I considered this also. We live in such a sterile judgmental world now. Everyone is supposed to be so picture perfect and smell like the latest designer perfume
Originally Posted by Azure ->
Animals in the wild do not bathe every day.
They do not smell bad, and they never wear underwear or use toilet paper either.

I have asked those awful Cats who use my garden as a toilet, to bring their own toilet paper.

How do you know they don’t bathe and don’t smell?
How close do you actually get to true wild animals ?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 05:48 AM

It's no coincidence that the human population soared in direct correlation with the invention of:

1. Clothes (well, most of the time)
2. Soap
3. Indoor plumbing

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 06:21 AM

Ahhh, so it is all this "Keeping clean" that has caused a food shortage, because there are too many humans!
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 08:37 AM

I'm not sure of the statistics, but an awful lot of animals don't sweat, I believe, or at least, not as much as we do.

Do correct me if I'm wrong.

However, dogs, I know, have far fewer sweat glands than we do, which is why they pant, to expel heat from their body, and why they are more susceptible to heat than we are.

However, they do have certain parts of the body which exude scent, obviously! The anal glands, etc.

There are some controlled experiments that were done on exposing women to natural male smells, and which they preferred etc.
There was at least one experiment that recorded a synchronicity in menstruation after exposure to male pheromones, although I'm not sure how valid statistically it was.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 08:49 AM

What's interesting is why we still have a lot of hair in the groin and armpit areas, despite having lost most of it from the rest of the body (head excepted)......

I know the sweat in these ares is chemically different from the sweat on other parts of the body, and hair traps the sweat and so probably makes the scents more concentrated and effective.

That must have had an evolutionary advantage, in group bonding as well as sexual messaging, I suppose.

(Bit of a pain these days, though! )
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

24-05-2019, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Yes I considered this also. We live in such a sterile judgmental world now. Everyone is supposed to be so picture perfect and smell like the latest designer perfume

How do you know they don’t bathe and don’t smell?
How close do you actually get to true wild animals ?
My Son in Law in Switzerland is licensed to cull Reinder
Many species of wildlife live in the mountains and because they only eat natural grass and herbs and live in the pure fresh air they do not have body odour.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
He might well have said that, actually!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 04:22 PM

Not using any deodorant?.......... Are you Sure?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top