Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 06:51 PM

Re: techni question for our photographer experts here

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
With regard to colour, I'd say there was more colour variation in the bottom one.....the colour is stronger in the top one but it doesn't have so much variation amongst the leaves.
You could be right, this is why I posted to get different views, because I can't make up my mind

Tried the grey card preset on the garden and seemed to be better. almost correct colour looking at the garden to compare

or maybe over saturated (unedited jpeg with grey card setting). Of course can be corrected in editing, but that was not the aim of the question
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 06:56 PM

I prefer the bottom one, the top one make my eyes go funny. Just as an aside.. can anyone else see a face in that Rose? I certainly can.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I prefer the bottom one, the top one make my eyes go funny. Just as an aside.. can anyone else see a face in that Rose? I certainly can.
Yes! I did!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
I see what Judd means about the 3D effect in the top one.....funnily enough, I was just wondering if you could increase the blurring of the foliage in the top one while sharpening up the rose even more so that it really stands out?
These are unedited for a reason. If I started editing then I would loose the aim of the question, grey card or landscape. I could have played about with the RAW files as well to get a more 3d effect
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
These are unedited for a reason. If I started editing then I would loose the aim of the question, grey card or landscape.
Fair enough! I'm showing my ignorance!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 07:01 PM

Realspeed, maybe you would be better asking your question on a Photographic site.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

23-05-2019, 07:01 PM

Pyxell

your input is valuable, if I wanted to produce photos the general public liked then what you posted is very helpful. If I was going for technical exactness I would take Judds comments into consideration
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

23-05-2019, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Realspeed, maybe you would be better asking your question on a Photographic site.
Mags good point BUT

Going on a photographic site, and I belong to one, then all I would get is those who can nit pick faults and a load of tech faults pointed out.

Posting on here avoids that as it is people like your good self can give a true comment of how the general public see the photos. You and others can see the photo as is

You would not be taking rule of thirds- composition- subject matter- lighting-angles etc etc into consideration
Pyxell
South of England

23-05-2019, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Pyxell

your input is valuable, if I wanted to produce photos the general public liked then what you posted is very helpful. If I was going for technical exactness I would take Judds comments into consideration
That's true!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

23-05-2019, 07:07 PM

Any comments are welcome , it helps me no end

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top