Join for free
Page 13 of 28 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 02:04 PM

Re: Why are people so surprised?

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'd assumed we'd just have a free trade deal, no other ties, if you look at what was said at the time I can't see how anyone imagined anything else. This has all happened because remainers wanted a compromise. I'm looking forward to our next election when I'm going to demand the tories round here compromise because I voted for another party.
It's happened because many leavers seem to live in a fantasy land where the EU disappears.

Also our relationship with the EU is not just about trade. I thought that was clear by now. No deal is the blind leading the blind.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's happened because many leavers seem to live in a fantasy land where the EU disappears.

Also our relationship with the EU is not just about trade. I thought that was clear by now. No deal is the blind leading the blind.
It's too much about trade IMO all we've heard is money money money, very little about what most leavers voted about. As for no deal it means WTO rules something we already use so nothing to fear IMO
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 02:14 PM

It's too much about trade IMO all we've heard is money money money, very little about what most leavers voted about. As for no deal it means WTO rules something we already use so nothing to fear IMO
Of course it's mainly about trade. The EU is our biggest and most proximate trading partner. But a no deal also affects all the other aspects of our complex relationship, including security.

I really don't think anyone fully understands what WTO will mean for such a developed country. There is no real WTO arrangement for services. We are a service economy. WTO is for goods.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

27-12-2018, 02:16 PM

Anyway, like I said I was resigned to leaving with a deal. Most remain voters and many leave voters are not interested in leaving without a deal. Anyone trying to explain what leaving without a deal will mean does not know what they are talking about because it's simply not known. Blind leading the blind as I've said. We are not a tiny republic trading in widgets.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 02:20 PM

Hi

Every major economy in the World has free trade deals.

Please explain why they are wrong and you are right.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 02:30 PM

Project Fear Latest:

"It is impossible for us to leave the EU without a free-trade deal."

Why?

Can we not trade under WTO rules?

Will we be unable to agree trading arrangements with countries all over the world, even if that takes a little time?

Does it not matter that trading agreements with other countries benefits BOTH parties?

So won't other countries wish to make such agreements with us?

And finally, will EU countries not wish to compete when it comes to selling us their cars, wine, cheese, etc, etc?

Project Fear is becoming desperate!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Your the one that voted leave pal, so you should know Planet Stupid very well.
Never been there .....Just come across some it's residents from time to time.......mainly on this forum......How is the weather on Planet Stupid this time of year?

I've always wanted to visit, for a laugh, but never been able to meet the visa requirements.

Give my regards to all your buddies when you go back to your home there.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Every major economy in the World has free trade deals.

Please explain why they are wrong and you are right.
No idea what you are talking about now, I would love a free trade deal never said we shouldn't have one. But we can't have one alone, deals need both sides to agree I thought. So if we can't agree we can't have one. Perhaps it's me but that seemed blindingly obvious.

No one is right or wrong it's all at this stage opinions. I have a great deal of faith in UK that whatever happens we will be ok. We tend as a nation to be able to get through most things.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 03:07 PM

Unfortunately Julie leaving or staying is all about money nothing else really
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

27-12-2018, 03:10 PM

No idea what you are talking about now, I would love a free trade deal never said we shouldn't have one. But we can't have one alone, deals need both sides to agree I thought. So if we can't agree we can't have one. Perhaps it's me but that seemed blindingly obvious.

No one is right or wrong it's all at this stage opinions. I have a great deal of faith in UK that whatever happens we will be ok. We tend as a nation to be able to get through most things.
A free trade agreement is where you have made a deal with one or more countries. It is not a no deal scenario. There are maybe one or two countries in the world who do are not part of a trade agreement of some sort or other. You don't just leave such a deal with no plan unless you are at war. We are uniquely stupid in even considering this. Given the complexity of our economy, security, cooperation ties etc. it's simply unthinkable madness.

Page 13 of 28 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top