Join for free
Page 15 of 29 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 04:47 PM

Re: Boy, 6, 'thrown from 10th floor' of Tate Modern

Originally Posted by summer ->
He is a young man.... stocky heavily built able to answer every question on an adult quiz show correctly... not a child or a juvenile a young man who regardless of his mental state should be held responsible for his actions.
Summer he appeared at Bromley Youth Court.
You simply cannot state “ regardless of his mental health” he should be held responsible .
I think perhaps you’re getting mixed up with mental health issues and mental illnesses . In certain circumstances with the latter there can come into play a plea of diminished responsibility.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Writing to your MP might get a result, ranting on a forum having a go at each other achieves nothing.
No one is having a go at anyone..... we are exchanging opinions..... its what people do on forums .... no offence intended.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 05:11 PM

Writing to your MP might get a result, ranting on a forum having a go at each other achieves nothing.
Not ranting or having a go ,this is what discussion is about ,an exchange of opinions .
Have you ever watched how some go at it on tv ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 06:54 PM

I completely agree.

Discussing such matters with brainwashed do-gooders is rather pointless.

I've stated my opinions. I shall now retire from this thread.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Just one more thing.... this is a young man who did this... its only recently our society called 17yr olds children.... think back to when you were 17.... I was earning a living... living on my own.... 17yrs old is not a child he should be treated as an adult.
That's what I thought when I heard his name couldn't be released because of legal reasons, I'm thinking 17 you are a young man, not a child. I was married at just turned 17 and buying a house.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
That's what I thought when I heard his name couldn't be released because of legal reasons, I'm thinking 17 you are a young man, not a child. I was married at just turned 17 and buying a house.

Anyone know the reason they say this?
Do they have to be 18?

Why do they not name under age people anyway?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Do they have to be 18?

Maybe to protect their families?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Originally Posted by Mups ->
Do they have to be 18?

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Maybe to protect their families?
Good question ..... apparently:

http://jfhcrime.co.uk/cannot-named-legal-reasons/

SEPTEMBER 7, 2017

‘Cannot be named for legal reasons’; what is that all about?

What are these legal reasons?

The general principle is that proceedings should be held in public, the evidence should be heard in public and the media should be allowed to report the proceedings. There are however, a number of exceptions to that principle. There have been recent cases of evidence being heard behind closed doors for reasons of national security; Victims of sexual offences are given life-long anonymity, unless they are later subject to criminal proceedings in relation to the alleged offence (for example Jemma Beale, who was convicted of perjury and perverting the course of justice for making false allegations); Pre-trial rulings relating to the admissibility of evidence or points of law, an unsuccessful application to dismiss at the end of the prosecution case, anything that might identify a child or young person involved in youth court proceedings (with limited exceptions) are all subject to automatic reporting restrictions.

When the defendant is a minor

In relation to under 18s in the Crown Court, S45 of the Youth Justice and Criminal Evidence Act 1999 which came into force in April 2015, allows the criminal court to prevent the publication of anything that would identify that young person as a defendant, until that person reaches 18. The court must have regard to the defendant’s welfare and be satisfied that the welfare of the young person outweighs the public interest in open justice. The court can dispense with the restriction at the end of the case if ‘their effect is to impose a substantial and unreasonable restriction on the reporting of the proceedings, and it is in the public interest to remove or relax that restriction’. Once the young person reaches the age of 18, the restrictions cease to apply.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

As for the cricket, we will see what happens in the 2nd test next week.
Don't trouble yourself on my account (you obviously haven't read my profile) I was just concerned that you didn't seem so chipper.
Zuleika
North West UK

09-08-2019, 10:04 AM

‘Tate Modern plunge boy, 6, has £20,000 raised through GoFundMe page after he broke back, legs and arms in ‘attempted murder 100ft fall’https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/967227...ndme-injuries/

Page 15 of 29 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top