Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 12:23 PM

Re: White Lives Don't Matter

I bet there are many Poms kicking themselves that they didn't take up that £10 Australian deal. Sigh!

There is such an interesting article in the Daily Mail this morning by Littlejohn, He says it exactly how it is in Britain today. Well worth a read. It's the first article on show.

(apologies for all the ads, they won't let one read it unless I turn my adblocker off)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/col...aily-Mail.html
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 01:27 PM

What doesn't make sense to me ( and annoys me) ...is that they're centuries out of date and all aggrieved over the past and nursing a mammoth sized anachronistic chip on the shoulder.

Whereas ... if they were really bothered about Black discrimination and their 'Black brothers and sisters' .. they'd be helping them out in Africa not going on the rampage here. Their lives are pretty appalling, riddled with starvation and inadequate healthcare, not to mention a few Civil wars.

They should realise how good they've got it in the UK and other developing countries, stop whining and do their own bit for their own kind.
Afterall, White man's foreign aid and charitable grants must surely be tainted goods that they'd be too proud to accept.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 01:42 PM

Monkey see monkey do.

Rather apposite really. Especially if it changed to monkey see monkey want.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by morticia ->
what doesn't make sense to me ( and annoys me) ...is that they're centuries out of date and all aggrieved over the past and nursing a mammoth sized anachronistic chip on the shoulder.

Whereas ... If they were really bothered about black discrimination and their 'black brothers and sisters' .. They'd be helping them out in africa not going on the rampage here. Their lives are pretty appalling, riddled with starvation and inadequate healthcare, not to mention a few civil wars.

They should realise how good they've got it in the uk and other developing countries, stop whining and do their own bit for their own kind.
Afterall, white man's foreign aid and charitable grants must surely be tainted goods that they'd be too proud to accept.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 02:06 PM

Hey, Is it really true what Richard Littlejohn wrote in the DM today? Has there really been complaints in Australia that Chess should be banned because the white piece always goes first???????? Please tell me he is winding us all up?
Next thing I will be too nervous to walk my two little white pooches in case I am accused of bias and racism for choosing two white instead of one of each!
OMG, we really are all going to hell in a handcard!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I bet there are many Poms kicking themselves that they didn't take up that £10 Australian deal. Sigh!
There is such an interesting article in the Daily Mail this morning by Littlejohn, He says it exactly how it is in Britain today. Well worth a read. It's the first article on show.

(apologies for all the ads, they won't let one read it unless I turn my adblocker off)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/col...aily-Mail.html
Yes and I am one of them from all those years' ago. I had just finished my six-year apprenticeship, so had a trade that was wanted in Australia, I had and still have family in Australia so had the necessary sponsor but the final decision not to go was not down to me. Now I just wish I had walked away and gone, my life would have been so different and probably so much better too!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 11:46 PM

Hey, Is it really true what Richard Littlejohn wrote in the DM today? Has there really been complaints in Australia that Chess should be banned because the white piece always goes first???????? Please tell me he is winding us all up?
Next thing I will be too nervous to walk my two little white pooches in case I am accused of bias and racism for choosing two white instead of one of each!
OMG, we really are all going to hell in a handcard!
It started as a discussion as to why white always goes first in chess. Some idiot grabbed it and turned it into the usual. THere is only a vague historical reason. It works if you play black first. I play chess and I also play GO. THat has black and white stones - you may have seen it - black and white alternate with that. Unless somebody demands that the stones all be black - I guess it's safe.. for now. My saying?..ALL lives matter. And that includes the animals.
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

27-06-2020, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
[B]

Yes and I am one of them from all those years' ago. I had just finished my six-year apprenticeship, so had a trade that was wanted in Australia, I had and still have family in Australia so had the necessary sponsor but the final decision not to go was not down to me. Now I just wish I had walked away and gone, my life would have been so different and probably so much better too!
I can understand leaving your birth home is difficult. I tell you now.. I'd have strong reservations. But that 10 pound Pom deal is most enticing. I can see why some many of you took it.

Well one thing Baz.. yud've picked up a great bronzed Aussie tan
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

27-06-2020, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
What doesn't make sense to me ( and annoys me) ...is that they're centuries out of date and all aggrieved over the past and nursing a mammoth sized anachronistic chip on the shoulder.

Whereas ... if they were really bothered about Black discrimination and their 'Black brothers and sisters' .. they'd be helping them out in Africa not going on the rampage here. Their lives are pretty appalling, riddled with starvation and inadequate healthcare, not to mention a few Civil wars.

They should realise how good they've got it in the UK and other developing countries, stop whining and do their own bit for their own kind.
Afterall, White man's foreign aid and charitable grants must surely be tainted goods that they'd be too proud to accept.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Swannie148 ->
I can understand leaving your birth home is difficult. I tell you now.. I'd have strong reservations. But that 10 pound Pom deal is most enticing. I can see why some many of you took it.

Well one thing Baz.. youd've picked up a great bronzed Aussie tan
Yes definitely, also saved myself and others a lot of emotional hurt and upset, culminating in lives that are not as they should have been!

I would also have known my family, of which there are more in Australia than in the UK, after they emigrated about 60 years' ago.

What might have been … if only.

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top