Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2013, 09:44 AM

And you think you have problems?

Me headquarters

For larger picture click here

What you are seeing there is my 'office'. The funny looking flat machines are rack servers. These enable me to run huge websites - main has over 3 million products - off home broadband .

Dabbled in this years ago but had to wait for broadband to be powerful enough for me to capitalize on it. Once that happened I was able to carry out my plan - which worked to a tee .

So when you are having a bad day with the computer just consider what I have to keep running sweetly every day .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2013, 09:52 AM

Re: And you think you have problems?

Now I am think no wonder the broadband is slow sometimes you are using it all up
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2013, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Now I am think no wonder the broadband is slow sometimes you are using it all up
Lol. You are probably right there .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2013, 09:57 AM

Blimey Mark, have you got your own wind farm or are you draining the Welsh national grid.....
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

10-06-2013, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Blimey Mark, have you got your own wind farm or are you draining the Welsh national grid.....
It looks worse than it is . Only 2 servers are running at the same time - normally. I have outgrown a few of them so they more or less redundant - for now anyways. Mind you I have another server downstairs ready to install . I intend to sell some of the servers off - intend to anyways.

They look fairly innocuous but those servers are awfully heavy. Takes a bit of man handling to get them up, or down, the stairs. So they might end up just staying there and gathering dust .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2013, 11:54 AM

I'm delighted your patience paid off in the long run Mark. You're lucky you don't have a wife living there with you with all the wires, my missus gives me hell about plugs, wires, and cables all over the place.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

10-06-2013, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I'm delighted your patience paid off in the long run Mark. You're lucky you don't have a wife living there with you with all the wires, my missus gives me hell about plugs, wires, and cables all over the place.
If you think that looks bad you should see all the wires and sockets hidden in the corner behind the desk . I daren't go near them. Trying to figure out what plug belongs to what is an absolute nightmare. As long as there isn't much of a chance of it all burning the place down I leave well alone. I think I have the 'burning the place down' bit covered though - I think .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2013, 12:43 PM

It looks very impressive Mark but surely you don't work on your feet ....... where are your chairs?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

10-06-2013, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It looks very impressive Mark but surely you don't work on your feet ....... where are your chairs?
I pulled them out of the way to so you could see all the machinery . I have an office type chair with big bed pillows on it. I have to be very careful with my posture and also have to do a lot of sit ups to stop myself developing bad backs. Keeping your stomach muscles strong helps a hell of a lot with regard to back problems - at least it does with me .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2013, 01:06 PM

You're tidy! I end up with paper and stuff everywhere, like a hamster!
They said computers would turn us into a paperless society, lies! I've never had so much of the darn stuff!
It's a mystery how wires can tangle themselves up without anyone touching them, like Xmas lights!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top