Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 12:06 AM

Re: Who's good with technology?

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Mups, try switching off the computer, then also switch off at the mains for a couple of minutes.
Switch on again - sometimes that's all that's needed .......

That's the problem Patsy - I can't switch it off because the cursor freezes. So does Cont/Alt/Delete andlikewise ESC.
I can't even unplug because it is often not plugged in in the first place! I don't bother to connect to the mains if I am only going to do 10 mins work, then close down.

Thankyou everyone for all your suggestions, but this is proving too difficult for me to sort out. I'll have to have a re-think on what to do. x
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 12:16 AM

Mups what make is your laptop .
Type into Google the make/Windows 8.1./cursor freezing/ and you should get some solutions
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 12:38 AM

Thanks Meg, I'll have one last try tomorrow, I'm too tired tonight now. x
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 12:14 PM

The way the internet is these days, with malicious programs on the rise, there is a good reason to ditch computers and just use a tablet of sorts. I used to slag off Apple systems but these don't suffer from viruses and malware like the computer does and I'm beginning to change my mind about them.

The type of malware that is the most common now bypasses virus protection owing to the fact users 'allow' the program to be installed, either unknowingly, intentionally (toolbars) or unintentionally through not paying enough attention (not un-clicking a box say when in a rush to install some download).

It is sickening that you can spend as much as you want on some all singing, and dancing computer only to have it wrecked within days. It makes no difference how much you spend.

This diatribe ain't helping you Mups I know - just thought to add this - might make you feel a bit better - might.
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2015, 02:33 PM

Using Linux is one answer to malware - as a minority of people have discovered this useful alternative to the dreaded Windoze rip-off, hackers generally donīt bother to waste their valuable time on it.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top