Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 06:03 PM

Cat Scarers

I've just discovered that our Cat Scarer is staying on all the time instead of reacting to the Motion of something so it just stays on all the time.

I've been looking at a replacement one that's Solar-powered with a passive infra-red sensor: -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Selections-G...ustomerReviews

Anyone here tried this one?

We are plagued by cats here and it is soul-destroying the damage the little fokkers do to everything.

I've had an entire sowing of Cabbages obliterated by next door's sodding cat getting into the polytunnel and digging the whole lot up in the past.

I was sorely tempted to shoot the effin' thing but I can't bring myself to harm animals - even next door's "little darling" that they leave locked-out all bloody day.

We get foxes at times here too but they don't cause damage but it is very upsetting for my wife to find dead birds when we feed them and care for them and help them raise their chicks.

Visiting, predator Sparrowhawks we accept but domestic cats kill and leave the corpse untouched and that's not a natural thing you can accept - well I can't.

Anyway - advice appreciated! stevmk2
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 11:00 PM

Re: Cat Scarers

Get yourself a Jack Russell Terrier
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 11:11 PM

Lots of people suggest Lion dung..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 11:22 PM

Oh dear Steve, sorry to hear you have such a problem with cats and I agree it can be upsetting for you.

As a cat lover and owner myself, I hope the cat will not be harmed in any way. Unfortunately the cat is only doing what is natural for them, a nuisance to some I can understand .... but you can buy cat repellant crystals that you sprinkle on your garden which will deter any cats.

I am fortunate that my cat has been 'trained' to do her business in my own garden ... I have a small area left clear in a quiet area of my garden which she uses and it is cleared daily.
My daughter also has a cat and has made a cat loo area for it in her garden.... so it can be done if only cat owners gave it more thought.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 11:22 PM

Sorry to hear the cat is causing so much damage. The worst I used to have was the cat toileting on my lawn, but I bought a powder for that and it did seem to deter them. Harmless, but it worked.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 11:37 PM

Return to Sender.

stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2015, 06:20 PM

Bit disappointed to find nobody actually responded to the question that I asked.Never mind.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2015, 11:17 PM

I usually creep up behind them and shout BOOO!!!
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2015, 03:55 PM

The day I invent something that is guaranteed to keep neighbours cats out of my garden I will gladly share the information on here.

For more information contact me on my super yacht moored in Cannes.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2015, 04:12 PM

Anything's worth a try, but a cheaper version would be what Mags suggested to buy some Cat repellent crystals...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top