Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2015, 06:11 PM

Re: Cat Scarers

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Anything's worth a try, but a cheaper version would be what Mags suggested to buy some Cat repellent crystals...
Tried that - doesn't work.

Lion poo works - for a while then they ignore that.

I thought that a Claymore mine would work but I found the local ironmongers didn't stock them..........

My Ultrasonic one did work - but not with every cat as some seem to be able to disregard the annoyance of a high-pitched shriek in the ears.

The one that I actually asked about does sound quite good to me hence the post asking if anyone had tried it.

As nobody has I'll just have yo risk it and see. stevmk2
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2015, 08:09 PM

Not tried the one shown but others things like olbas oil on used cold tea bags scattered around the garden, they do work but it's a pain keeping them smelling. We now cut some holly in small pieces and put it on and around where the new plants are it does work cats don't like there toes pricked.

One regular visiting cat doesn't come since I caught him with the hose pipe and totally soaked him.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2015, 10:24 AM

A possum trap, trap the bugger, then take the cat to the pound. After paying to retrieve it a couple of times your neighbours will get the message.

Cat unharmed.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top