Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2016, 05:25 PM

Mobiles blocked whilst driving

Talks about blocking mobiles whilst driving are underway .... yet the new generation of cars are coming with infotainment even giving Facebook etc on the dashboard ( actually most aren't on the dash but mean looking down even to check satnav ..... but that's a different problem I guess

Department for Transport will have a meeting with mobile phone companies
They will discuss new technology which blocks mobile phone calls when driving
One in three drivers admitted they have used their phone while at the wheel
Mobile phones could soon be blocked from working while cars are being driven to deter people from using them at the wheel.
Almost one in three motorists admitted they have used their phone while driving and 17,500 people were taken to court last year.
The Department for Transport will have an 'exploratory meeting' with mobile phone companies and network providers early next year to discuss the new technology.

Mobiles could be BLOCKED from working while cars are in use
http://dailym.ai/2gMmKQs
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2016, 05:57 PM

Re: Mobiles blocked whilst driving

About time this was taken seriously they should have their cars confiscated and crushed.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2016, 05:57 PM

Ridiculous idea.
I followed a drunk/drugged driver that had hit a parked car. His number was hidden by dirt so whilst following i was giving the police a running commentary over the phone using bluetooth....the driver would have got away with it had I not and possibly caused more mayhem.

talking on the phone (bluetooth) is far lessvof a distraction thank talking to a passenger......you see drivers looking at the passenger and driving
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2016, 06:06 PM

Its a GREAT IDEA!! And anyone who thinks otherwise is a bloody idiot.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2016, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
About time this was taken seriously they should have their cars confiscated and crushed.
..... and their phones, too .....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2016, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Ridiculous idea.
I followed a drunk/drugged driver that had hit a parked car. His number was hidden by dirt so whilst following i was giving the police a running commentary over the phone using bluetooth....the driver would have got away with it had I not and possibly caused more mayhem.

talking on the phone (bluetooth) is far lessvof a distraction thank talking to a passenger......you see drivers looking at the passenger and driving
I agree with you there tpin, my husband had to ring 999 the other day as he drove, he could see a car full of men following a young lady would have not stood a chance against them all himself but managed to keep them in view and led he police to them. Take away the phone and she may have been in really bad danger.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK

17-12-2016, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
..... and their phones, too .....
To right Omah
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2016, 07:50 PM

Since most modern cars have hands-free Bluetooth connections to phones it's the idiots who still insist on holding the phone in their hands that are the problem. My van has an after-market Bluetooth hands-free system fitted which was fairly cheap so there's no excuse for others not to have similar systems fitted.

Having said that, when using my phone in the van it's used for business only, conversations are usually short and not for endless gabbing like some seem to do.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2016, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Ridiculous idea.

Agreed.

I've done the same on more than one occasion.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2016, 09:50 PM

The only time I use my mobile phone in the car is when my wife is driving or, more often, when I am using it as a SatNav (Google Maps or NAVMII).

If this blocking proposal is brought into force, will people who use a SatNav have theirs blocked too?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top