Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2011, 12:33 AM

Cornbread.

I had an Aunt who lived in Los Angeles back in the 50's when I was about 10, she used to send over a packet of cornbread every now and then, we loved it (the kids in our house). It came in a flat box about 8" by 6" and inside was the mixture in a plastic bag, you added whatever and mixed it all up in the bag. I can't recall exactly but I remember a stout black lady with a scarf and an apron on the box, I think it was called 'Aunt Jemma's cornbread mix'. Anyone across the water hear of it, and is it still on the market?.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2011, 01:00 AM

Re: Cornbread.

It's Aunt Jemima's. jemflux, and yes indeed still available. Found this UK link for you, I see Amazon UK also has it. I personally don't like cornbread, but glad I could help with this!

http://www.americansweets.co.uk/amer...ller-420-p.asp
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2011, 12:11 PM

Thanks a million Eileen, I was telling my two Grandsons about it, now they can sample it, God bless you.
My word, ain't Aunt Jemima got younger over the years!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2011, 05:08 PM

Glad to help! I hope the grandkids enjoy it as much as you did!

She sure has, so has Betty Crocker!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top