Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2011, 10:53 AM

Re: and what about breakfast?

Cassie, that's not good for you.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2011, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
I dont eat anything till late afternoon. Just coffee!
I see you like your coffee like my wife likes her Tea Cassie, strong enough to cut with a knife so that you can eat it.
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2011, 03:34 PM

Toast with Bovril and butter, yuk I hear you say.LOL
or
Jordan's Porridge Oat's, made with water, Sugar, Tate & Lyle pour on syrup. I know it should be made with salt, not for me though.
or
Crumpets, lastings of butter, sometimes lemon curd. http://www.jordanscereals.co.uk/
or
Kipper's boned, just the meat, on a lightly buttered roll, balm, bap lightly toasted so not to overly absorb the oil.
or
Freshly made bagels from a near by Jewish Bakers, just as they come, fruit, cinnamon. Never ever toasted.
or
Muffins, Blueberry, cherry, lemon.
or
Bread, cooked meats and cheese.

Washed down more often than not with lift (lemon tea) or a nice morning coffee.

I have to eat well to gain some well and breakfast can be quite a long event as I tend to graze rather that sit down to a large plate full.

Some of the replies I have noticed that grapefruit is mentioned, I love the fruit be it juice or flesh BUT I like many other people on certain medications can no longer savour this wonderful fruit.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2011, 07:53 PM

Adrian, I thought you ate ALL that for breakfast! Only just noticed the 'ors'.
I'm not allowed grapefruit either because of meds, forget which one it is now.
I am the same as Cassie here, nothing to eat until the afternoon, lots of milk in the morning though.

Just had a look, can't have grapefruit with statins.
Ella
New Member!
western europe
Ella is female 

10-03-2011, 01:04 PM

Adrian ,

it looks like a menu from a really nice cafe

you sure did give me the inspiration!

thanx! my mornings this week were delicious
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2011, 08:30 AM

Right now I'm on the Atkins Diet which cuts out all carbohydrates. I've used this diet before to lose weight & drop my blood sugar level. I'm a diabetic and need to get my A1C level down quickly. All that being said I love breakfast.

I generally have bacon & eggs for breakfast in one form or another. I prefer fried but scrambled or soft boiled will do just fine as well. Three eggs with 3-4 slices are the norm.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2011, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Right now I'm on the Atkins Diet which cuts out all carbohydrates. I've used this diet before to lose weight & drop my blood sugar level. I'm a diabetic and need to get my A1C level down quickly. All that being said I love breakfast.

I generally have bacon & eggs for breakfast in one form or another. I prefer fried but scrambled or soft boiled will do just fine as well. Three eggs with 3-4 slices are the norm.
Three eggs and four rashers sounds almost good enough to eat Bob....
It's tough having to cut out the carbs, but the Atkins can certainly do the business. I love my carbs, bread particularly, but I have a couple of weeks abstinence now and then when I am getting a little too porky....
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2011, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Three eggs and four rashers sounds almost good enough to eat Bob....
It's tough having to cut out the carbs, but the Atkins can certainly do the business. I love my carbs, bread particularly, but I have a couple of weeks abstinence now and then when I am getting a little too porky....
I had to look that one up. "An individual slice of bacon is a rasher, or occasionally a collop".
anna
Norway
anna is female  anna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2011, 01:30 AM

I started on a low carb/high fat diet in january and have lost 6 kgs since then.

My breakfast usually consists of 2 scrambled eggs fried in butter and mixed with cream, salt & pepper and loads of chives. To go with that I fry some peppers (red, yellow, orange), a few slices of onion, and a couple of sliced tomatoes in olive oil.
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK
mrmojorisin is male  mrmojorisin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2011, 07:45 AM

Weekdays: Weetabix with a small handful of dried cranberries and goatsmilk, it has to be goatsmilk!
Saturday: eggs,bacon,mushrooms (loads of mushrooms)tinned plum tomatoes, toast, white pudding and / or fried lavabread (depending on availibility)
Sunday: Smoked Salmon and lightly scrambled eggs on toast.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top