Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2011, 06:24 PM

Re: and what about breakfast?

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Right now I'm on the Atkins Diet which cuts out all carbohydrates. I've used this diet before to lose weight & drop my blood sugar level. I'm a diabetic and need to get my A1C level down quickly. All that being said I love breakfast.

I generally have bacon & eggs for breakfast in one form or another. I prefer fried but scrambled or soft boiled will do just fine as well. Three eggs with 3-4 slices are the norm.
Is it possible to add tinned plumb tomatoes or white fish with butter or mayonnaise just to make it a bit more interesting, how about spices.

Do you take vitamin supplements for your joints and other bits and pieces.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2011, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Manxman ->
Is it possible to add tinned plumb tomatoes or white fish with butter or mayonnaise just to make it a bit more interesting, how about spices.

Do you take vitamin supplements for your joints and other bits and pieces.
Real dairy products such as butter are fine on Atkins. You can have fresh, unbattered fish fried, in butter with lemon juis on top. Yum! Mayonnaise has lots of sugar so that's out. You can eat small quantities of tomatoes although they have some natural sugar which the pancreas processes better than refined sugar. Spices other than sugar are a great help. One of my favorite meals is a grilled chicken garden salad with Ranch dressing. Ranch dressing has zero carbs. I do take a vitamin & mineral variety pack each day.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

15-03-2011, 06:24 PM

I`m not much of a Breakfast person either , but could eat for Scotland at Lunchtime when I come back from the Gym
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2011, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Topaz ->
I`m not much of a Breakfast person either , but could eat for Scotland at Lunchtime when I come back from the Gym
That sounds great, get the juices flowing and the body fully functional, oxygen in the blood system.
butterfly
London
butterfly is female  butterfly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2011, 04:46 PM

Toast and marmalade for me, two slices, and a cup of tea.

If we have guests for the weekend we will either have smoked salmon with scrambled eggs or a full English.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top