Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2011, 06:17 PM

trout

been fishing today,caught 4 desent trout,now in freezer,
does anyone else like trout?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2011, 06:26 PM

Re: trout

Hi Doctor I love Trout but prefer it fresh, freezing seems to affect the texture.

Many years ago when my husband was seriously ill in hospital I stayed in a cottage in Dorset with my new baby. The very kind Lady of the Manor bought a platter of oak leaves on which was displayed the most enormous rainbow trout which had been caught that morning .
I cooked it simply with butter/lemon juice /parsley and it was the most superb fish I have ever tasted. I remember it like is was yesterday...

I hope you enjoy your beautiful fish....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2011, 06:48 PM

What sort of trout doc? I used to fish for brownies on the River Wear many years ago, but I used to give them away as they always tasted of earth to me!
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2011, 06:52 PM

rainbow plantman,,caught on the river teifi..yes they can be a bit earthy,more so in lake trout i find.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2011, 07:12 PM

I love rainbow trout, have it very frequently; preferably fresh, but the frozen is OK too. I fix it very simply, just broiled, with a sprinkling of sea salt and freshly ground pepper so to enjoy the delicate flavor.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2011, 07:14 PM

I've never been a lover of trout, much prefer salmon...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2011, 08:24 AM

Oooohhhhh - delightful!!! - this brings back very fond memories. Was on holiday in Slovakia. Head waiter at hotel was a keen fisherman and after supervising breakfast would disappear until around 4.00pm. He'd return with a large wicker basket filled with fresh trout which he'd sell to the restaurant and it would be on the menu for dinner that night. It was cooked on a little burner right beside your table in a magnificent red wine sauce - (YES - RED wine!!! but it tasted wonderful!!!)
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2011, 10:53 AM

I was married to the head water bailiff for 15yrs so sewin and trout and salmon were a common feast in our house. I haven't fished on the river for a couple of years as I was living right on the coast and I tended to go out on my friends trawler or in my house mates fishing boat to catch bass, mackerel and lots and lots of lobster.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2011, 04:08 PM

This thread is making me hungry!
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2011, 11:41 AM

Hi. We get fresh lake Trout, about foot long, these are beutiful if eaten fresh, but like another poster , seem to lose that nice taste as soon as they are frozen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top