Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2011, 10:56 PM

Re: Red sauce

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
I was actually wondering this too.

When I was little and saw "blood" in films on TV, was told "don't worry, it's only pretend blood, they use tomato ketchup"

Perhaps your phobia stemmed from something like that?
That was the connection I made as well, Berxer...
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2011, 11:21 AM

I like BBQ sauce, and will have tartar sauce with most things.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2011, 03:20 PM

Funny thing, I adore tomatoes in virtually every form known to man with the exception of ketchup, which I have never been able to bring myself to try..I just seem to have a mental block about it, and the thought of anyone putting it on any sort of food fills me with revulsion...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2011, 04:04 PM

So apparently we are talking about ketchup? If so, I'm with Barry! The only think I use it for is a basis for the other ingredients in seafood cocktail sauce. Many many people here put ketchup on their chips ... horrors!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2011, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Funny thing, I adore tomatoes in virtually every form known to man with the exception of ketchup, which I have never been able to bring myself to try..I just seem to have a mental block about it, and the thought of anyone putting it on any sort of food fills me with revulsion...
Me too it makes me shudder though I do use organic tomato puree in cooking .
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2011, 04:52 PM

Barry, looks as if we're not alone!!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2011, 06:03 PM

Thanks Eileen and Meg, it's good to know there are other civilised people out there in cyberspace......
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2011, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I wonder if something happened in your childhood years to cause you to have this phobia, Sue?
Probably but I have wracked my brains and can't come up with an answer I am a bit of a strange one where food is concerned I don't like tomatoes in their natural form but I love Tomato soup, Spaghetti Bolognase or any tomato sauce flavoured pasta, Ketchup is the only huge no no ...I can't stand Vinegar and I think this may be the basis if the hate for Ketchup and Brown sauce this stems from childhood when I used to get heat lumps (overeating strawberries from my grandads garden)he used to douse me in vinegar and if I had scratched them they used to really sting that is the only thing I can think that may be the cause...Don't know but may be the answer but glad I am not the only one on here that doesn't like it I have not met anyone previosly that doesn't like it so thanks for that...
Sue
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 12:35 AM

I used to like tomato sauce (ketchup) but not so much now my kids love the stuff, and wont eat chips without it.

I will have it on the odd occasion but only a little bit,i remember my brother used to have it on everything as a kid and i mean everything
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 03:44 PM

Both of my children have always loathed ketchup. For as long as I can remember.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top