Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2011, 07:49 AM

Re: Food to warm the 'cockles'.

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Soups, stews, curries,roast chicken! Goodbye to the Summer pasta salads and light stir fries.
Eileen darlin' - Bacon pudding. Make Suet and flour pudding mix, rolled out flat. Lay strips of (streaky) bacon over the pudding mix to cover it. Sprinkle Sage & Onion & Parsley & Thyme stuffing mix over the bacon. Roll into a sausage shape and wrap in a pudding cloth and/or tin foil so that it is fully water proof. Steam or boil for a couple of hours. Serve with cooked potatoes and veg and cover all with a rich gravy - absolutely delightful, very filling and in the winter a real rib sticker!!!
Johnny
London
Johnny is male  Johnny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2011, 09:05 AM

Bacon pud sounds great Uncle Joe !

As for earlier comments, I must be the only Englishman who likes haggis ! My Scottish cousins introduced me to it long ago. It's unbeatable with some mince, mashed potato and mashed turnip.

Love homemade soup too - if your spoon can stand upright in it then that's a good sign.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2011, 09:11 AM

The bacon pudding sounds good UJ..........however, not sure my waistline would agree
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2011, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Johnny ->
Bacon pud sounds great Uncle Joe !

As for earlier comments, I must be the only Englishman who likes haggis ! My Scottish cousins introduced me to it long ago. It's unbeatable with some mince, mashed potato and mashed turnip.

Love homemade soup too - if your spoon can stand upright in it then that's a good sign.

Johnny matey - used to drink Cocoa like that - thick enough to stand a spoon upright in and strong, laced with a tot of rum - at sea on watch in the early hours of the morning was great and stopped you feeling too cold and sleepy.

.... And No!!! - you're not the only Englishman that loves Haggis - I love it too. As for mash - I use Parsnips, celeriac, swede and sweet potato to make a mash with - truly delightful!!!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2011, 04:21 PM

The spoon standing straight up is a classic way to know the minestrone is good......

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top