Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 08:33 AM

xmas puds

Anyone got christmas puds made yet
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 09:13 AM

Re: xmas puds

aah it is that time of year again when we have to start thinking about christmas and being organised.
Luckily neither me or my husband like christmas pud so phew i have a bit more time before i have to start thinking about christmas.
They always smell nice though
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 10:01 AM

Jean I still have one left from last year

Although I don't bother with Chrismas very much nowadays I do still make Christmas Puddings and micemeat usually in November when it is cold, dark and dismal and the smell of their cooking adds a little cheer to the house
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 11:04 AM

I will buy a small one as usual as it will only be me and possibly a friend on Christmas Day. I certainly wouldn't go to the effort of making one but well done to those who do.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 11:06 AM

Like Meg, I found one from last year but that was last year so it's two now. I don't eat it, will it be OK for the birds do you think?
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 11:12 AM

I buy one (or two) individual ones that you just 'nuke' for 60 seconds. Who said there is no longer any Christmas spirit about?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Like Meg, I found one from last year but that was last year so it's two now. I don't eat it, will it be OK for the birds do you think?
....Mary it should be fine for the birds Sniff it and see .

Mine is full of rum and I am considering eating it over a couple of days when the weather gets colder. I will go without lunch and have it instead with some rum sauce.
Or I could just post it to Uncle Joe and he can eat it after a plate of stewed Zebra
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

06-10-2011, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
I buy one (or two) individual ones that you just 'nuke' for 60 seconds. Who said there is no longer any Christmas spirit about?
Michael there is plenty of 'spirit' about , just not much 'Christmas'
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
....Mary it should be fine for the birds Sniff it and see .

Mine is full of rum and I am considering eating it over a couple of days when the weather gets colder. I will go without lunch and have it instead with some rum sauce.
Or I could just post it to Uncle Joe and he can eat it after a plate of stewed Zebra
Thanks Meg, I don't think there much rum in it, I think it came from a raffle my husband won at work. Yep, the birds can have this, in little stages over a week. I wouldn't put it past Uncle Joe to eat yours in one go!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

06-10-2011, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Thanks Meg, I don't think there much rum in it, I think it came from a raffle my husband won at work. Yep, the birds can have this, in little stages over a week. I wouldn't put it past Uncle Joe to eat yours in one go!
Mary I have just looked at mine and decided it is one for the birds I would like to be around to see Christmas

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top