Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 09:36 AM

Re: Those squeaky clean Jews! - General's final confession links 1956 massacre to Israel'

It was clear at the time some were getting scared it's rather disingenuous of you to say they weren't. They openly said it in the threads.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 09:37 AM

Re: Those squeaky clean Jews! - General's final confession links 1956 massacre to Israel'

Who exactly was getting scared ?
Scared of what ?
Getting run over on Westminster Bridge ?
Being blown up on the tube ?
Eating Halal meat ?
Sadly all this has been done already .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 09:51 AM

No one in a conflict is squeaky clean .
But on the whole the Israelis tend to be the good guys .

Israel is a defender not an invader .
It has returned land taken in defensive wars back to Egpyt and Gaza is Palestinian terroitory

Israel offered 5 times to Palestinian authorities for two state solution
It is the Palestinian leaders who refuse to make a state not Israel .
They also refuse to come to the table without preconditions you can only make peace if you have a partner in peace .
They could have had their own state for the past 70 years .

Israel never threatens to wipe a country from map but instead it asks to cooperate with other countries.

During war the IDF want minimum civilian causality but Hamas wants maximum casusliaty on its own side in order to elicit sympathy from the bemused international community

Making ties with israel Arab countries can benefit from science and technology from Israel and some Arab countries are beginning to realise this.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 10:12 AM

Final post here.

I can't believe the fuss all this is causing.
We have many threads about Muslims , at the moment we have a profusion about Israel, that much is true.
I must be pretty much alone in actually finding them interesting. I'm learning things.
Israel and the whole situation in the ME, not just in connection with the Palestinians, is a complex subject which merits discussion.

I'm not afraid to state my views even though it's been made clear to me some believe I'm anti-semitic or a Jew hater or allegedly itching to be part of the Final Solution.
If not that, I have a diseased mind or am mentally sick.
That is the chosen stance of a one or two who are trying to close down discussion. It appears OFF largely prefers content in support of Israel.
On that note I have said my last word.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Final post here.

I can't believe the fuss all this is causing.
We have many threads about Muslims , at the moment we have a profusion about Israel, that much is true.
I must be pretty much alone in actually finding them interesting. I'm learning things.
Israel and the whole situation in the ME, not just in connection with the Palestinians, is a complex subject which merits discussion.

I'm not afraid to state my views even though it's been made clear to me some believe I'm anti-semitic or a Jew hater or allegedly itching to be part of the Final Solution.
If not that, I have a diseased mind or am mentally sick.
That is the chosen stance of a one or two who are trying to close down discussion.
On that note I have said my last word.
I agree morti, I always think that sort of name calling means they've lost the argument and can't come up with anything but trying to bring the poster down.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

15-10-2018, 10:19 AM

I think that is quite evident Julie .
However not everyone is squeaky clean about name calling either
Splinters and beams come to mind
The best way to debate is to state points concisely and with any supporting references .
These can be rebutted in the same way without making a discussion personal .
I.e. Attack the poster and not the poster .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 10:25 AM

I believe you're missing the point.

Heated discussion often brings heated answers from members who feel strongly about their viewpoint.
That is the norm on any forum. Borderline insults can be exchanged, all part of the discussion.
But there comes a time when it is evident what content is jumped on purely to close down discussion by virtually any means. If the only means available is to insult it sends out it's own message.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 12:43 PM

Did anyone watch 'Mediterranean' with Simon Reeve. BBC1. last night ?

What an eye opening contrast between Israel and the Gaza strip , home to 2 million.
It has to be viewed to see.

Unfortunately , no matter how many arguments are made on behalf of Israel, in todays climate they are not moving on apart from their threats on Syria, on Iran, on Lebanon on Gaza, and their bombing campaigns . Syria has not retaliated, Iran has not retaliated, Lebanon has not retaliated and Gaza fight with balloons !
I reckon they are heading for another massacre out there. Jordan's opposition leader has also made an apology to Syria.. how about that ?

Prominent Jordanian opposition leader Laith Shubeilat has urged Amman to extend apologies to Syria and restore relations between the two countries. The call was part of his letter to Jordanian Prime Minister Omar al-Razzaz's government,

You should apologize on behalf of all of us, those who did not stop our previous government from being turned into an arch foe of Syria; apologize for what your predecessors have done, and especially the opposition MOC [Military Operation Center] which united Western countries, Jews, the Gulf countries in Jordan with the aim of overthrowing Syrian authorities," Shubeilat pointed out. ***

" for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

15-10-2018, 04:56 PM

Gaza does not fight with balloons.
It's is the Isreali children who sent balloons to Gaza with messages of peace and sweets .

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel...eace-balloons/
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 05:56 PM

For over two months, Palestinians in the Gaza Strip have been flying kites, birthday balloons and inflated latex condoms into Israel, relying on the gentle Mediterranean coastal breeze to push them across the border.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/condom...o-serious-war/

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top