Join for free
Page 50 of 66 « First < 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 01:00 PM

Re: Not going too well for Brexit!!!

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
While being in the EU you have free trade deals under the umbrella of the EU. The profits for your industries are incalcuble. Out of the EU you will have to close free trade deals, and being a relative small consumers market (as compared with the EU), the profits will be smaller. Your industry, and its workers, will feel that. A matter of simple logic and secondary school economics.
Hi

Switzerland is not in the EU, yet still does well for itself.

It is inevitable that we will take a hit in the short term, the longer term could be very good providing our Politicians are up to the game.

I voted leave because I do not want any part of a Federal Europe.

The crunch was Merkel unilaterally opening the flood gates to Economic Migrants and then demanding other EU States take those she did not want.

Germany wants an EU Army, but does not even pay it's share into NATO.

Germany is part of the Euro Currency Zone, yet consistantlt breaks it's financial rules, as does France.

I want no part of this at all.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 01:30 PM

When was the last time you visited france? About one in three originates from their commonwealth, and is black. Chances are that in employing someone from EU-france 33% of them is black.
You have over a million comonwealth citizens in the UK, 2/3 of them originating from australia, south africa and new zealand, and are white.
Chances are that in employing someone from the commonwealth 33% of them is black.
I call that equality, don't you?
Never I've never visited anywhere outside our country never had any interest tbh. But my point stands I want equal access for all not just Eu members and that's not racist no matter how you try to make it look.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Never I've never visited anywhere outside our country never had any interest tbh. But my point stands I want equal access for all not just Eu members and that's not racist no matter how you try to make it look.
In our constitution (as I suppose in yours) it states it is forbidden to destinguish on sex, race or believes. Equal opportunities for the equally suited. I suppose the EU citizens employed in the UK are better qualified than commonwealth applicants. Hence 3 mln EU citizens in the UK vs. 1 mln commonwealth citizens?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 04:52 PM

In our constitution (as I suppose in yours) it states it is forbidden to destinguish on sex, race or believes. Equal opportunities for the equally suited. I suppose the EU citizens employed in the UK are better qualified than commonwealth applicants. Hence 3 mln EU citizens in the UK vs. 1 mln commonwealth citizens?
They aren't better qualified at all they come and work in cleaning, coffee shops etc. Our entire society has changed because of free movement of people not always for the better. We need to only bring in people we need and they should come from all around the world not one small corner.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 05:38 PM

Great Britain does not have a written Constitution
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Switzerland is not in the EU, yet still does well for itself.

Switzerland may as well be in the EU given the kind of deal they have with the EU.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 10:12 PM

They aren't better qualified at all they come and work in cleaning, coffee shops etc. Our entire society has changed because of free movement of people not always for the better. We need to only bring in people we need and they should come from all around the world not one small corner.
We have people here from all four corners of the world. Immigration is higher from non EU. I don't think there is any discrimination against ethnicity of migrants when entering the UK.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

16-10-2018, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
While Britain is trapped in the EU it cannot do its own deals and has to compromise with the other 27 members, but with independence on the way new Trade Secretary Liam Fox has been on a tour of America to start work on new deals.

Only two of the world's top 10 economies - Italy and France, which are both on the verge of major financial crises - have yet to express an interest in doing a trade deal with Britain.

The countries which want a deal with the UK are Australia, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Ecuador, Germany, Ghana, Iceland, India, Ireland, Japan, Kenya, South Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Switzerland, the United States, Uruguay and Venezuela.
I don't understand how countries that are in the EU can make deals with us that a separate from the EU. Aren't they tied to EU deals? Or how does it work?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 10:20 PM

Too right Julie.

If I was the owner of a multi-outlet, multi national service business I would want free movement.

After all every High St needs another bloody coffee shop, eh?

Not only has free movement changed the High St it has totally changed the job market for the menial and manual workers in the UK by flooding their sector with an oversupply of labour thereby reducing their bargaining power and job security.

Cheap labour for the middle classes and unfair competition for the under classes.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
We have people here from all four corners of the world. Immigration is higher from non EU. I don't think there is any discrimination against ethnicity of migrants when entering the UK.
Looking at the employment estimates by country of birth between January to March 2017 and January to March 2018, the number of:

UK born people working in the UK increased by 409,000 to 26.63 million

people born in the EU working in the UK were little changed at 2.37 million

people born outside the EU working in the UK were little changed at 3.28 million

For January to March 2018, there were 5.64 million people born abroad working in the UK, but the number of non-UK nationals working in the UK was much lower at 3.54 million. This is because the estimates for people born abroad working in the UK include many UK nationals as explained at Section 2 of this article.

For those interested in the article:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentand...market/may2018

Page 50 of 66 « First < 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top