Join for free
Page 154 of 190 « First < 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 10:16 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Blueberry and Summer, awoke to pouring rain this morning although it's very warm so I'm still in me shorts, but it's a good job it's not a running morning.....
Although there are a few hardy runners doing their stuff out along the prom....Respect!...

Just had our last fried breakfast, back to dried bread and dripping now.... Well! porridge anyway, but I've sort of missed it...There is a limit to how many fried breakfasts you enjoy and I'm kinda glad to get back to normal...So is my heart...

Will be leaving the hotel in about an hour, with a stop off at Tesco for supplies, and then the three hour drive home..
Sounds like you’ve had a lovely holiday Bob ..... have a safe journey home.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 11:53 AM

Thanks Mags, good to see you..........Arrived home safe and well, but wet!

The rain came pouring down as we said our goodbyes to the hotel staff and struggled round the corner to the car. It was very warm though for the time of year though, and apart from a thin waterproof, shorts and polo shirt was sufficient. After taking the scenic route (bad navigation) we eventually found the Tesco, did our Saturday shop, and scuttled away in the rain.

It's always sad to leave Wales, we love Llandudno and the people, the mountains and the choirs, and the spirit and pride of the welsh people, and if there was anywhere else I would rather live, it would be North Wales. So for now, the journey was conducted in silence.....I don't like the music these days anyway, and I don't believe there has been any decent music written since the late eighties...So just the news on the hour broke the silence...

By the time we dropped down into Manchester the rain had stopped and the sky was filled with fast flying fluffy white clouds, the strong winds conjured up by storm Cedric was bending, almost to breaking point, the hedgerows at the side of the M56. We battled through Manchester and decided to take lunch at Morrisons in Hyde. The fish and chips were a mistake, they resembled a gearbox with so much oil floating around the plate, Urrrgggg.....

The wind was still strong, but the temperature had been gradually rising as we crossed the moors at Woodhead, and joined the M1 and M18 at Sheffield and Rotherham, and by the time we dropped down into Doncaster is read 26*C....
Maddie the cat must have recognised the sound of the engine as she left her warm bed in the empty garage and came running up the drive to meet us. Always nice to have someone to welcome us home....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 12:13 PM

So what about this morning's run Robert, I hear you say.....
Well I poked my head outside the door at six thirty this morning and although warmish, it was just starting to rain. I decided to wear my thinnest of waterproofs but after a couple of miles the rain came faster and I realised I should have chosen a more substantial one.....Never mind, after running off some early stiffness I was feeling quite good, so although I had decided on a six miler, I took the right turn up the hill and decided to go for an eight.....

The rain continued to hamper my progress, and was beginning to soak through my thin waterproof, I could feel the cold on my shoulders, but as long as my lower back stays dry I can manage that...I was surprised to see a young lady approaching in the opposite direction wearing shorts as short as mine and a smile on her face, we passed the time of day, and with a knowing expression she commented on the good conditions (I think she was being sarcastic) but it certainly brightened my morning and left a happy thought, on that last sodden mile......
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 12:58 PM

Good morning OG Fox........poppin in to see what you are up to this morning. It is going to rain here....I feel like going back to bed...

When does it get too cold to wear shorts where you live OG? Or do you wear them all winter for your runs?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

20-10-2018, 09:47 PM

Hello Blueberry, nice to see you here.......
Not much happening in Foxy's world on Saturday.......
A lay in, shopping, and then off to a garden centre for lunch, where the pies are legendary....

Sunday's are a different kettle though....Up at first light and out on the road for the longest run of the week. Sorry about the rain Blueberry, it's been very nice here over the last few days. Cold (4*C in the mornings) but clear and sunny with some very nice sunrises while out on the road.

As you can see, running in shorts usually continues all year round in all conditions. There is nothing more waterproof than skin......

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 10:26 PM

Hi Foxy, you have snow????
I am back from Bulgaria, but going to Bristol on Monday.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

21-10-2018, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Hi Foxy, you have snow????
I am back from Bulgaria, but going to Bristol on Monday.
Ha ha ha....noooooooo Sweetie, Blueberry asked if I wear me shorts all winter, and I said that I did with an example.....

Sorry to hear about your incident on the bus to the airport Sweetie, I don't think I'll be visiting Bulgaria any time soon, perhaps flying over it......

Bristol looks nice Sweetie, I saw a documentary about it last week and I thought 'Why have I never been there?' Except as a courier delivering a parcel. I remember a lot of black people there.....whoops....

Take care and have a good time Sweetie....Here's a hug to put you on.....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 12:45 PM

Ha ha ha....noooooooo Sweetie, Blueberry asked if I wear me shorts all winter, and I said that I did with an example.....

Sorry to hear about your incident on the bus to the airport Sweetie, I don't think I'll be visiting Bulgaria any time soon, perhaps flying over it......

Bristol looks nice Sweetie, I saw a documentary about it last week and I thought 'Why have I never been there?' Except as a courier delivering a parcel. I remember a lot of black people there.....whoops....

Take care and have a good time Sweetie....Here's a hug to put you on.....
I did add a link to that thread. The scam has been going on for years.
We did fly into Bristol once.
This time I have a list of places to go, Fruity knows the place well.

I will take pics. X
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 12:54 PM

Bob haven't ya bits dropped off yet?? - just askin??
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 12:55 PM

Hello Blueberry, nice to see you here.......
Not much happening in Foxy's world on Saturday.......
A lay in, shopping, and then off to a garden centre for lunch, where the pies are legendary....

Sunday's are a different kettle though....Up at first light and out on the road for the longest run of the week. Sorry about the rain Blueberry, it's been very nice here over the last few days. Cold (4*C in the mornings) but clear and sunny with some very nice sunrises while out on the road.

As you can see, running in shorts usually continues all year round in all conditions. There is nothing more waterproof than skin......

oh yea I can see ya bits have definitely dropped off there Bob! - did it hurt?

Page 154 of 190 « First < 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top