Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 08:17 AM

Somethings are better done by men

I am a feminist but where
Strength and expertise are needed some things are just better done by men .
Firemen for example
I think they should be men .
Policemen on the beat
When I see a petite little WPC ( if I see ANY PC on the beat which hasn't been for years ) u less she is well armed with a gazer what is she supposed to do if dealing with violent thugs ?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 08:27 AM

Re: Somethings are better done by men

I wish I had the strength of man. Most do things effortlessly.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 08:32 AM

A strange thread for a feminist. I think women can do as good a job as men in the police, fire service and the military.

I am a petite 5' 2.5", but can pack a punch if need be. I have mentioned the time, a good number of years ago, I was shopping in a local town when I came across a crowd of yobs tormenting the local bag lady. I waded in and told them to leave her alone, or else. (I hadn't worked out the, 'or else!') However, I must have scared them, as with a few choice words they ran away.

Now I await the comments about my appearance.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
A strange thread for a feminist. I think women can do as good a job as men in the police, fire service and the military.

I am a petite 5' 2.5", but can pack a punch if need be. I have mentioned the time, a good number of years ago, I was shopping in a local town when I came across a crowd of yobs tormenting the local bag lady. I waded in and told them to leave her alone, or else. (I hadn't worked out the, 'or else!') However, I must have scared them, as with a few choice words they ran away.

Well done for doing that Tara....I hope if I saw that happening I would have done the same .
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 08:41 AM

Police Woman might be small and petite but they have to undergo training and be able to look after themselves, so I have nothing against Women doing these jobs.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 08:42 AM

Female PC's and Fireman have the same training as their male counterparts so I cant see a problem

Also quite often a woman is more easily able to defuse a difficult situation without resorting to violence
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 08:45 AM

I don't care how much training they have have size matters !
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 08:45 AM

I agree,Susiejaeger and Missy!.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

11-07-2018, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->

All mouth and no trousers comes to mind !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 08:51 AM

I think women do a good job in the police force and are better than men at certain things. When tackling thugs though, it might be better to use only men, although the women have gone through the same training in self defence. I also don't have a problem with women in the fire service tbh.

What I don't approve of is women elevated to top levels just because they are women.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top