Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 12:13 PM

Re: Computer tech help needed

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Ok. The make and model of the USb to HDMI adapter is:
j5 create, model # JUA350 (Mac and Windows compatible)
Right, getting somewhere now. . .

Ok here's the manual for this device

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/64...?page=7#manual

From the very outset the manual states:

"Install driver completely before inserting the USB 3.0 Display Adapter USB  Cable into your computer"

As I said to you earlier, the manual says that the device came with a CD on which are located the drivers.

So . . . did you install the driver ?

I'm guessing not.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 12:42 PM

As you don't have a CD/DVD drive you can download the driver here https://en.j5create.com/pages/drivers

and the Quick Install Guide here http://download.j5create.com/qig/jua...315_jua355.pdf
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 05:40 PM

It worked . I have no idea why or how it happened.

I am now able to watch videos from Netflix, YouTube etc.

Right from the beginning. I was steered off track by the man at Office Depot. He told me that all I had to do was plug in the adapter, attach the HDMI wire, connect to the Tv and watch my programs. He did not tell me that I had to go through various step to "program" my laptop before the adapter would work.

A huge part of the problem was my lack of knowledge about computers and the language used to describe systems. The word "driver" for example has zero meaning for me. To me , a "driver" is someone who operates a vehicle.

Thank you all for your kind assistance.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 05:45 PM

have you just typed in "Driver update" on your computer? or go into that list I showed previously and look for driver update for your item
If you have a local school they will or should be able to advise you and do any updates necessary
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 08:40 PM

It is done. it is complete. It works Thank you all.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
It is done. it is complete. It works Thank you all.
Know how frustration a computer problem can be,I am absolutely no expert or anywhere near it but I do like problem solving and i have had some, mainly of my own making

often the answer can be found on the internet if the right questions are asked'

Glad your problem is sorted and it may be advisable to download and print off my posted link to belarc . It has an unbelieveable amount of information on your computer

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...01#post1475101
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 11:12 AM

It was all in the manual

All you ever had to do was read the damn thing!

I would take a basic computing course if I were you. Get to grips with all the basics. At present you are doing the equivalent of getting into a car and driving off without ever having had a driving lesson. It will only end in tears, loss of data, viruses, identity theft and so on. I appreciate PCs/laptops are complicated, confusing and require constant attention. Hence some kind of course would be advisable.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
It was all in the manual

All you ever had to do was read the damn thing!

I would take a basic computing course if I were you. Get to grips with all the basics. At present you are doing the equivalent of getting into a car and driving off without ever having had a driving lesson. It will only end in tears, loss of data, viruses, identity theft and so on. I appreciate PCs/laptops are complicated, confusing and require constant attention. Hence some kind of course would be advisable.
A bit harsh.

Perhaps you were a beginner at one time and also, perish the thought, sought help from people more expert than yourself.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

30-07-2018, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
A bit harsh.

Perhaps you were a beginner at one time and also, perish the thought, sought help from people more expert than yourself.
Sure but never without first reading the manual and exhausting my own efforts. I'm more concerned for Bakerman's safety in terms of privacy and data.
bakerman
Mexico

30-07-2018, 10:02 PM

You might say I have a mental block when dealing with computers. I have no idea why they do the things they do. Sometime it seems as if it has a mind of it's own.

I used to think I was pretty smart but computers have taken me down a peg or two.

I expect that the computer is going to foul up and I'm usually not wrong.

When I try to read info about computer subjects , it's like I'm trying to read Greek. The words just don't make any sense to me.

I might consider taking a class on computer basics but I can't because I'm too deaf to hear what the teacher is saying.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top