Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 03:01 AM

Posting large photos

I often post photos and usually that works fine. However, sometimes I want to increase the size of the photo to show greater detail.

Does anyone know how to do that ?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 03:15 AM

Re: Posting large photos

there are limits BM - even on this generous site! - this is not everything is BIG in America?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
there are limits BM - even on this generous site! - this is not everything is BIG in America?
I sorry, I do not mean to insult you but you really need to work on your writing skills. "this is not everything is BIG in America?" say what ????????
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 06:36 AM

well BM - I was trying to slip into the yank vernacular - isn't that normal on 47th street NY?

but seriously laddie - go to start of this site and click on 'announcements' and all will be revealed - this is called in our vernacular " becoming acquainted with the site?" got it?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 08:25 AM

I find that posting a photo in 'Portrait' gives a larger photo than posting in 'Landscape' Bakerman....
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

11-08-2018, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I find that posting a photo in 'Portrait' gives a larger photo than posting in 'Landscape' Bakerman....
yep OGF but all ya photos are of ya legs??
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I often post photos and usually that works fine. However, sometimes I want to increase the size of the photo to show greater detail.

Does anyone know how to do that ?
bakerman, go on a site called BB Img. You can upload your photo and edit the size to your spec before coping it to this forum - check about our size restrictions first though
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 10:33 AM

Just by observation:

Images uploaded to the forum from the computer seem always to be a maximum of 680 pixels wide when the thumbnail is clicked. I expect nothing can de done about that because it's probably the forum software reducing it to that size. It doesn't matter if the image being uploaded is a greater size than that, the forum will still display it at 680 pixels wide.

If an image is uploaded to an image hosting site such as Imgur and then linked to for display in the forum using [img]-[/img] tags, the size is cut down by the forum software to 675 pixels wide. It has to be made to fit within the confines of the forum page.

However, when that image is clicked on, the image itself usually acts as a link to take you to the image hosting site where the photo can be seen at the size it was uploaded at (unless the image hosting site also has a size restriction). That's about the only way to view images at a larger size I believe.

Also got to consider the file size of large images. Large image, large file size. If the photo's physical size and file size are too big, it will be slow to download and show for those who don't have fast(ish) Internet connections.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 10:38 AM

I have noticed that posting pics using the 'manage attachments, button appear larger than copying from my albums. Plus you get an extra thumbnail.
bakerman
Mexico

11-08-2018, 10:52 AM

Ok, guys, thanks. i'll give it a try. I have, however, noticed that some people are able to post photos MUCH larger than mine. I'll have to contact the next person who posts a large photo and ask them how they did it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top