Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 07:15 AM

Re: Portugese Tarts

They look delicious, Azure.
Thank you, Mags, for the recipe linky - will definitely have to try them.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 09:07 AM

One of the German chains, not sure if Aldi or Lidl, used to sell these, and I always thought they were scrummy. Sadly not seen them for ages now, so might look at the recipe and see if it's doable. Thanks for the link, Mags.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
They look scrumptious Azure !
I'm afraid if I made them it would be too tempting !
Azure do you have Portuguese ancestry just wondered ?
No Muddy, but close. All my ancestors were Italian and I was born in the UK so Anglo Italian
I have not been to Portugal but when in Spain and Majorca I was taken for Spanish.

I understand that your husband is part Italian!

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
They look scrummy but in all honesty nothing like real Portuguese Pastel De Natas.

I have never found a replacement for a genuine Nata whether it be a bakery attempt or an internet recipe.

The true Portuguese recipe and ingredients seemingly just can't be recreated elsewhere.

None of which is to say that other recipes like yours don't make nice results, they do, I made them myself, it's just that they don't come close to a real a Pastel de Nata.
That is so true, Realist as most foreign dishes are adapted to the British palette
Paella in UK tastes nothing like the Spanish version in Spain and Majorca.
Anf Italian dishes taste nothing like the homemade food all Italian women like to cook
it is the same with Indian and Chinese food as well.

Also if you ask for British Food abroad it does not taste the same.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top