Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 08:49 PM

Salads

Hi all, I am looking for inspiration on Salads.
My Salads seem to be a bit boring.

I would like any suggestions please on what you put in your Salads.

My Salad normally consists of:

Boiled Egg, Rocket, cuc. tomatoes, Potato Salad, Beetroot, spring onions etc.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 08:52 PM

Re: Salads

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi all, I am looking for inspiration on Salads.
My Salads seem to be a bit boring.

I would like any suggestions please on what you put in your Salads.

My Salad normally consists of:

Boiled Egg, Rocket, cuc. tomatoes, Potato Salad, Beetroot, spring onions etc.
Do you use a sauce Susie ? Or perhaps, oil and lemon?

This is going to be an interesting thread
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 08:54 PM

Olive oil and a squeeze of lime is a favourite of mine. Also feta cheese, olives and avocado.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 08:57 PM

I chop my salad, mix it all and add whatever I can find to make it interesting

So a base of chopped lettuce, cue, toms, then Ill add onion, gherkin, pickled walnuts, olives, some chopped nuts and seeds, croutons, maybe some chopped grapes, chickpeas or kidney beans

Basically lots of different textures and flavours . all in bowl, add some dressing and thats it, add whatever protein to the side

I also like pasta and rice salads

Another thing that was new to me when I moved here but I now love is jelly in a salad

So for cucumber id make a lime jelly, add lots of fine chopped cucumber. Beetroot id add to blackcurrant jelly, grated carrot to an orange jelly. Sounds really weird but it works
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Do you use a sauce Susie ? Or perhaps, oil and lemon?

This is going to be an interesting thread
Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Olive oil and a squeeze of lime is a favourite of mine. Also feta cheese, olives and avocado.

Very similar.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I chop my salad, mix it all and add whatever I can find to make it interesting

So a base of chopped lettuce, cue, toms, then Ill add onion, gherkin, pickled walnuts, olives, some chopped nuts and seeds, croutons, maybe some chopped grapes, chickpeas or kidney beans

Basically lots of different textures and flavours . all in bowl, add some dressing and thats it, add whatever protein to the side

I also like pasta and rice salads

Another thing that was new to me when I moved here but I now love is jelly in a salad

So for cucumber id make a lime jelly, add lots of fine chopped cucumber. Beetroot id add to blackcurrant jelly, grated carrot to an orange jelly. Sounds really weird but it works
Those sound unusual but nice Missy. Might just try the lime and cuc, carrot and orange ones
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-10-2018, 09:05 PM

I'm not sure if you are looking for things to go with the salad but I just love fried Halloumi.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I haven't thought of using Lime Longdogs. Thanks, I will try it.
CandyCrunch
USA
CandyCrunch is female  CandyCrunch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 09:56 PM

Cucumber salad is nice with sour cream, sliced white onion, s & p and fresh, chopped dillweed.

Weight down the cucumber slices for about 30 minutes to remove excess water first.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 09:59 PM

Here is mine I made the other day, it was delicious, my husband and dad loved it too.

Here is how I made it

I put in chopped cucumber, cherry tomatoes, chopped onion, chopped red and yellow pepper, sweetcorn, red and green chillis chopped, diced cheese, chopped crab sticks and spinach. I then added a couple teaspoon of olive oil, lazy garlic, mixed herbs, black pepper, salt, turmeric and a little mint sauce then mixed it all up together.

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=56384

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top