Join for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 02:52 AM

Seen anything good lately?

In the movies, on the box or in the theatre
rune
New Member!
rune is female 

06-08-2009, 09:21 AM

Re: Seen anything good lately?

the new Harry Potter was good I thought. So was the pick a mix!

rune
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 10:49 AM

I watched the DVD of 'There will be blood ' with my son last week (when my DIL is away we spend the day together ) .

I really didn't much like the idea of watching a film about oil barons but found the film interesting and not at all as I expected.

So worth a watch and superb acting from the main character played by Daniel Day-Lewis
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 10:52 AM

I really enjoyed There Will Be Blood, although the title is unattractive to me. The film has violence but nothing too disgusting to watch. Daniel Day-Lewis was brilliant, as was the cinematography.
Vicki
Croydon, Surrey
Vicki is female 

06-08-2009, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I watched the DVD of 'There will be blood ' with my son last week (when my DIL is away we spend the day together ) .

I really didn't much like the idea of watching a film about oil barons but found the film interesting and not at all as I expected.

So worth a watch and superb acting from the main character played by Daniel Day-Lewis
I watched this recently too, and though it was really good. DDL is just an outstanding actor. Love him!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 10:42 AM

Mama Mia was on TV again last night. I think it was the third time I've watched it. It's lovely - totally undemanding, what you see is what you get etc etc but it's sooo happy and bright and the fun the cast had in making it shines through. My favourite scene is of the swimmers with flippers on the breakwater - love it!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 09:45 PM

Blood Diamonds is quite good, the star actor in it I've never really liked, Leonardo DiCaprio, but he was great in this film.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Mama Mia was on TV again last night. I think it was the third time I've watched it. It's lovely - totally undemanding, what you see is what you get etc etc but it's sooo happy and bright and the fun the cast had in making it shines through. My favourite scene is of the swimmers with flippers on the breakwater - love it!
I have the Mama Mia DVD, have watched it 4 times and could still watch it again and again! Love it...... and everytime it's on I can't keep my feet still and I sing along too!
dinahsmum
SW England

04-09-2009, 08:41 AM

Meet Dave
We watched this undemanding film last night (on TV , I hasten to add). It's suprisingly good, with Eddie Murphy as a spaceship (yes really!) crewed by tiny tiny people, including Eddie Murphy as Captain. (It's easier to follow than you might think from my description) So, if you want to smile at a film that doesn't ask a lot of you but doesn't treat you like a total idiot, I'd say go for it!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top