Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2009, 05:29 PM

Re: Desert Island II

The solar powered laptop, a Kindle book reader and a bag full of rice, beans, pasta and spices/condiments!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2009, 05:33 PM

fabulous choice DM!
I think I'd like a spoon/fork/sharp knife combo (like campers use) though
So I'd give up the e-book and do my reading online - or listen to book of the week and others via the BBC iPlayer
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2009, 09:27 PM

On second thought, DM, scratch the Kindle and make it a frying pan and pot. Cooking in a hollowed out coconut shell would not be easy!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2009, 10:40 PM

the three people I would take with me would be.......mmmm????-too many family members to choose from and wouldn't like to upset any of them soooooo....can I be a 'Billy No Mates' please????? Three things I would have to take with me would be my glasses (can't see a thing without them)-my laptop and my girl Hatti (thats if pets are allowed!)
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

22-11-2009, 11:15 PM

Of course you can take Hatti, but better add dog food to your three things! I don't think glasses count: they're so much a part of me I don't even think about them as a "thing"!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2009, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Of course you can take Hatti, but better add dog food to your three things! I don't think glasses count: they're so much a part of me I don't even think about them as a "thing"!
ok-dog food instead of glasses-will keep them on my face........won't be able to see where I'm going though as they're reading glasses-will have to train Hatti up to guide me round-could be more like drag me round at full speed
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

22-11-2009, 11:29 PM

Maybe she can catch some rabbits for stew if there are any in the island!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

22-11-2009, 11:32 PM

Maybe she can catch some rabbits for stew if there are any in the island!
Oh she's very good at bringing dead animals back-she doesn't kill them but she will hunt them out-if there's any dead pigeons about we could have pigeon pie as well!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

22-11-2009, 11:45 PM

Hmmmm ..recently deceased or gone for a while? Think I'll stick to the contents of my food bag! Leia would be no good on the island, she's an excellent mouser/ratter, but I wouldn't care to eat any of them .....
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

22-11-2009, 11:49 PM

Hmmmm ..recently deceased or gone for a while? Think I'll stick to the contents of my food bag! Leia would be no good on the island, she's an excellent mouser/ratter, but I wouldn't care to eat any of them .....
If we get hungry I'll share the dog food out-nice and crunchy Salmon and Potato and its the Light variety so we wouldn't pile the pounds on

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top