Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2010, 09:32 PM

Re: Just One Film.....The Best

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
The classic "Gone With The Wind" ......
Yes DM that really was a classic. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Dr. Zhivago which I would call a classic also.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2010, 11:19 PM

And another little gem of an oldie, the original Mutiny on the Bounty.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2010, 12:26 AM

MMMMMM - It would be Casablanca, Apocalypse Now, Big Wednesday, The Green Mile or The Shawshank Redemption........................................ .................................................. ......................... Ok .......Apocalypse Now
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2010, 12:05 PM

The Way we were............Robert Redford & Barbra Streisand
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2010, 03:05 PM

My personality might be showing a bit when I say that my favorite movie of all time is "Monty Python & The Holy Grail". It's the one film I've seen 10 times and would watch it again.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2010, 03:17 PM

I am not sure what this says about me but the only film I have watched more than ten times is The Life of Brian also Monty Python.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2010, 03:42 PM

One film is not fair is it??

I still have a soft spot for this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1lxDjd_fi8
SLJ 52
New Member!
Swansea, Wales
SLJ 52 is female 

16-02-2010, 04:57 PM

One of my all time favourites are Giant....Elizabeth Taylor, Rock Hudson and I believe James Deans last film.
The T.V. series ''Dallas'' was based on this film.
Another favourite is ''Little Big Man'' with Dustin Hoffman.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2010, 07:31 AM

So many good films but for me it comes down to a contest between 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' and 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest'. Both very good films of their day.

'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest' just about has it. One thing I remember. After the showing, there was none of the usual chat going on between people as there usually is when leaving a cinema. Everyone descended the stairs from the Circle in, more or less, silence.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2010, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
So many good films but for me it comes down to a contest between 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' and 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest'. Both very good films of their day.

'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest' just about has it. One thing I remember. After the showing, there was none of the usual chat going on between people as there usually is when leaving a cinema. Everyone descended the stairs from the Circle in, more or less, silence.
"Arsenic & Old Lace" was that way. Remember the line: "Everyone here is crazy but you & me, & I'm not so sure about you".

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top