Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2015, 07:03 PM

FILMS Yet to be Made

There have been so many films that I think were a waste of my time to see, either because of poor quality or contrived subject matter. I'd like to see some quality films on noteworthy and intelligent subjects for a change.

Remember that Wiki-leaks film we all saw of the American helicopter in Irak tearing innocent men to shreds … then the good Samaritan with his children who stopped to lend a hand to the victims, getting ripped up as well? I'd love to see a well-done, thoroughly researched film on the lives of those victims. What sort of people were they? What did they do for a living? How did they figure in Saddam's Irak? And how did they come to be in that place – at that particular moment? A film void of sublime, American propaganda. That's what I'd like to see.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2015, 07:31 PM

Re: FILMS Yet to be Made

Oh yes - agree with you
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2015, 07:32 PM

Lot's of movies reflect the political views of the film-maker. I would like to see films made of historical events the way they actually happened not the distortions of film-producers and directors i.e. Braveheart which was the biggest load of historical bullsh** ever produced.
Ian Haines
Merseyside, UK
Ian Haines is male  Ian Haines has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2015, 07:37 PM

I'd like to see a remake of "Towering Inferno". Sad thing is, I know that it will, when eventually remade, be absolutely ruined by political correctness and the unnecessary habit of putting "young love" in the remakes of films, to the degree of nausea! I remember being excited at the idea that I was about to sit down and watch "Titanic", thinking that this would be the definitive visual experience about the disaster. What we got, instead, was "Jack & Rose's Loveboat" and I look forward to somebody making the thinking person's version of the story of the Titanic hitting an iceberg and sinking!

They recently remade "Mad Max" and it was just hopeless. The character "Mad Max", played by Tom Hardy, was a secondary character in his own film.

Remakers sometimes have no idea what they're doing.

I saw the remake of "The Fog" and I wish I hadn't been talked into it. Once I saw what a disappointment it was, I bought a copy of the original and I watch that, now, instead.

My favourite ghost film of all time, is "The Haunting". It's a 1963 black-and-white film based around a book by Shirley Jackson. The most evil, sinister atmosphere is upkept by this being a ghost film in which absolutely no ghosts show up at all. To make such a thing be so fabulous while it shows no ghosts, is the stuff from which wonderment is made.

Needless to say that that is a film that the Americans also remade and the remake was an absolute shambles and a disaster. Everything, with the American film industry has to be 20 times the size that it was in the original. I just...can't figure it out. They wrecked "Carrie", also, by just remaking it. They never learn.

Now, it might be more understandable that I dread them remaking "Towering Inferno" - they'll screw it up, for sure.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2015, 07:44 PM

Agree with you on Titanic - the best one was 'Night to remember'
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2015, 07:58 PM

There was someone in the USA that was working on a film of Culloden, cant find any reference to what happened to it.
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2015, 08:09 PM

Presumably the Yanks helped the Highlanders beat us with the aid of woad clad Irish.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 06:12 AM

Then I'm not the only one who'd like to see some good material.

I'm finding that I'd rather see a documentary film ....... Non-American. It seems they cannot produce a nature film without some underlying political propaganda tucked between the lines. Even National Geographics (that I once admired) has become a political tool. “Since the United States has brought Democracy to Irak, migrating birds have ….. “
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 06:32 AM

Oh boy, Advan (and BDR and Ian),
just as well this site is awash with Poms and very few Yanks or they'd have ripped your throat out by now.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

11-12-2015, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Oh boy, Advan (and BDR and Ian),
just as well this site is awash with Poms and very few Yanks or they'd have ripped your throat out by now.
Understood. But I think they'd be w/ringing their hands and the NSA, and threatening ripping throats ….. thus inadvertently demonstrating the main point very effectively.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top