Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 10:14 AM

Virgin Media

Their engineer will call today to look at the set top box . . . . last week they sent me a new smart card which all customers are getting ATM . . . they said just to insert the new card in the slot . . . it blocked all my channels . . . after several phone calls to someone in Calcutta I gave up and told them to come take the whole thing away . . . why do these companies offshore like this, it's dreadful when the other party on the line's English is poor.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 03:26 PM

Re: Virgin Media

Complain to management.

I get frustrated too at times - but try not to take it out on the phone rep (unless they are rude) as they're just doing their job. Best thing you can do is complain or vote with your wallet, give your money to another company if you feel their service is so bad.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 04:19 PM

I wasn't rude Azz . . . the poor sod was only doing his job . . . . anyways, the new card they sent me last week was faulty . . . I got a new one fitted and alls OK now . . . the virgin guys are sending new cards to all customers in the hope of stopping fraud due to black market boxes being used . . . . I thought all that had stopped years ago, you could buy a decoder for a few quid 10 years ago which gave you every channel.
nero
Central Scotland

24-04-2010, 09:57 PM

An update - the day after the engineer left all the channels disappeared again . . . after several calls via India a new box was fitted yesterday . . . . . hooray.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2010, 06:52 PM

I recently had a satellite dish sited on the wall of the house and the selection of T.V. stations is amazing...and all for free!. The whole kit only cost me 80 Euros and my son installed it. My favourite channels are BBC 4, ITV3, and Film4, lots of old stuff I missed in my busier years. The pictures are crystal clear and the sound is perfect, the only sad thing about it is...why didn't someone tell me about this before I shelled out thousands to the cable company over the years?. So if you like to vary your viewing habits and have not yet tried digital satellite T.V. before, I would highly recommend it. By the way I'm not trying to promote any companies or agents, just stating my own views.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top