Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 03:37 PM

Going to the movies

I basically have one friend since moving to Oregon 3 years ago, Warren. He is less than half my age but we have so much in common we enjoy each other's company. One of our routines includes a meal & a movie. We catch about 3 movies a month as a general rule.

Warren Stubblefield

Recently one of the movies we enjoyed the most was "Julie & Julia" starring Meryl Streep and Amy Adams. It's based on the life story of two women, Julia Childs and years later Julie. Julie decides to start a project, to cook every recipe in Julia Childs French Cookbook.

This is one funny movie. Warren & I laughed so hard we were crying. Meryl Streep deserves an Academy Award for her portrayal of Julia Childs. If you want to watch an enjoyable, funny film with excellent acting check out "Julie & Julia".
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 04:20 PM

Re: Going to the movies

Haven't seen it but it sounds fun Bob!

And good on Warren for making you feel at home in your new neighbourhood.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 04:24 PM

I basically have one friend since moving to Oregon 3 years ago
Aw Bob ..
You have lots of friends here
Warren looks really nice. I will put the film on my 'to see' list ..
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 04:54 PM

I don't mean to shun an offer of friendship but I hold a very high standard to the word friend. I'm friendly with co-workers and folks that enter my life on a daily basis. A friend is there for you in good times & bad, supportive, willing to tell you you're wrong or right, willing to stand up for you no matter what. Warren & I hang together. I join Warren & his folks Richard & Mitchaline for holidays, birthday celebrations, motorcycle rides etc. Warren's parents are my age and very close to me. The folks I meet online are acquaintances.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
I don't mean to shun an offer offriendship but I hold a very high standard to the wordfriend. I'm friendly with co-workers and folks that enter my life on a daily basis. A friend is there for you in good times & bad, supportive, willing to tell you you're wrong or right, willing to stand up for you no matter what. Warren & I hang together. I join Warren & his folks Richard & Mitchaline for holidays, birthday celebrations, motorcycle rides etc. Warren's parents are my age and very close to me. The folks I meet online are acquaintances.
Bob I consider some of the people I have met online to be more that just acquaintances, to me they are friends and the above highlighed part of your post applies to them. If you don't feel the same I understand.
Starlight
New Member!
Kent, UK
Starlight is female 

27-08-2009, 09:26 PM

The last good film I saw was Mama Mia. I want to go and see 'The Time Traveler's Wife' - I've read the book, which enthralled me, but I often find I'm let down by the film.
Has anyone seen?
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2009, 09:50 PM

Well, I liked the latest Star Trek!
It`s a good thing we have different tastes....... diversity is good.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top