Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2010, 02:09 PM

Changing Technology

I've been a movie fanatic all my life. I love a good plot where I can't figure out the ending 5 minutes into the movie. I love good acting first with special affects a distant third or fourth place. I've seen more movies in theaters the past 4 years than the rest of my life combined. I guess that's due to my friend Warren.

I used to subscribe to HBO or Cinamax on cable tv for my movies at home. Then, I switched to mail order/online Netflix for delivery to my front door. Now I'm hooked on Graboid, a downloading service that charges monthly fees that vary depending on how much you use it. It's instant gratification since it takes a mere 8-9 minutes to download the average movie to my computer and start watching it. TV programs are also available with Graboid. www.graboid.com

During the warm summer months i'd rather be outside traveling our country than inside watching a video. With the Pacific Northwest's 8 month rainy season I take advantage of the sunshine.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2010, 08:36 PM

Re: Changing Technology

I have all the movie channels from Sky TV and hardly ever watch them!! I usually end up watching Stargate SG1, Ghostwhisperer and some of the soaps on tv.

Sounds a good site though, Bob, and thanks for sharing.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top