Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 06:54 PM

Re: "Carry on" films........Remake's

One of my old bosses used to deliver newspapers when he was a kid to a few of the old carry on stars, I agree with most of what's said on here it won't be the same trying to remake the carry ons but my son has seen the new dads army film and he said it wasn't too bad, I guess we'll have to give it a chance
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 11:29 PM

Yes, as I said, I'm hoping that it will be a good one.

Even so, I can't imagine they'll effectively replace Captain Mainwaring, Sergeant Wilson, Godfrey and Fraser. Those four were, in my opinion, the very best and are irreplaceable.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I was not really a fan of the 'Carry on' films but think we have changed as a country in many ways since the days when the original films were made.

I think it would be a big mistake to try to recapture a moment in time when particular actors with that unique degree of naivety and cheeky innuendo all came together to make the films.
At best the new films will be a poor imitation of the originals and lacking the real 'heart'

Couldn't agree more, Meg.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top