Join for free
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 10:58 AM

Jamestown

Did anyone watch it on Sky1 last night?

It is the story of British women who were shipped over to America in the 1700s to become wives of the men who had been there for twelve years. The women had no say in who their husband would be, they were just allocated a partner.

I thought the first episode was a bit weak tbh but hoping it will pick up as it goes on.
callistra
london uk
callistra is female  callistra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 05:09 PM

Re: Jamestown

The series does pick up a bit Longdogs, developing the characters of the 3 women, but also the relationship between the brothers. It explores how hard and unpredictable life must have been for early Colonists, the majority being convicts. I don't know how realistic the show is, but it might be interesting to see how it develops.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 09:01 AM

Re: Jamestown

Originally Posted by callistra ->
The series does pick up a bit Longdogs, developing the characters of the 3 women, but also the relationship between the brothers. It explores how hard and unpredictable life must have been for early Colonists, the majority being convicts. I don't know how realistic the show is, but it might be interesting to see how it develops.
I'm not sure what happened but I haven't seen it since Mind you, that tends to happen with programmes on Sky1, I just forget to watch them again.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top