Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 09:41 AM

A United Kingdom

This is about a British woman Ruth Khama who married the hedreditary chief of Botswana ( as it is called now ) Setese Kharma
It's a great love story their marriage offended both blacks and white and she was given a hard time by both.
Horrible stuck up white colonials and they were treated absolutely apallingly by the British Government made to live in exile for years in order not to offend the South Africans who had just instated Apartheid.
However it all worked out eventually and their son is the Present President of Botswana .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 10:30 AM

Re: A United Kingdom

That sounds interesting Muddy, I shall seek it out
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 06:11 PM

Re: A United Kingdom

I've read the book and really enjoyed it and have got the DVD on my Lovefilm list so look forward to watching

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top