Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2009, 10:26 PM

Re: Slumdog Millionaire

For a great film set in India that you`ll love (if you like feel-good films) try Lagaan - Once upon a Time in India.
It`s a great story, beautiful dancing, and the Indian villagers get the better of the darstardly British.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2010, 02:35 PM

Slumdog Millionaire is a brilliant film but a film which got the wrong publicity. I was shocked when I watched it as I thought it would be a light fluffy piece of film with a happy ending. No wonder it got so many awards but I bet a lot of people who would have loved it just didn't bother to watch it.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2010, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
About a week ago on a Sunday afternoon there was nothing worth watching on tv so we thought we would pay and watch this film on our Sky Box Office. It had won no end of awards and it was a film I thought worth a watch, a boy from India wining Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" so I thought ........

Ten minutes into the film and I just couldn't watch anymore!!!! I said to my husband "TURN IT OFF, I just can't stand anymore of it!" It was all violence, torture and hiting of young children and it went on and on!!!! Alright, maybe that's how it is in India but who wants to watch that for entertainment, I DONT!!!! I can't take a lot of watching violence and torture! I can't understand how it won so many awards .

What do others think of it? I'm Interested to know. Maybe it's just me but I shan't be watching it again!
I agree with you Alison but I watched the entire movie.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2010, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
For a great film set in India that you`ll love (if you like feel-good films) try Lagaan - Once upon a Time in India.
It`s a great story, beautiful dancing, and the Indian villagers get the better of the darstardly British.
Yes that I really enjoyed.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by buzzie ->
I agree with you Alison but I watched the entire movie.
I know buzzie, I should have watched it all the way through really but the violence in the beginning never seemed to end. What I should have done is recorded the film and then skipped through all that part, I might yet do that .

I'm sure it was a great film as it won so many awards but I'm just very uncomfortable sitting through all that violence, I'm a bit of a wus when it comes to that . I'm glad you enjoyed it anyway buzzie.
zenkarman
New Member!
zenkarman
zenkarman is male 

22-06-2010, 11:32 AM

Slumdog Millionaire is Oscar winning film. The story of Slumdog Millionaire is based on slum children of Mumbai. This movie also have romantic love story. Music Director of this movie Mr A.A.Rahman got Oscar award for best music.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2010, 04:53 PM

Surely I have commented on this before?-maybe not here though?.

The film is an absolute travesty-what ruination of a wonderful book.

Stuff like that goes on in India and begging is a profession-so if you are ever there be careful who you give to.

Your rupees are just `tips` to skilled touts but 100 would buy a meal for the poor sods you see by the roadside breaking stones
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2010, 08:00 PM

I found Slumdog very disappointing after all the hype of awards. Maybe I just didn't "get" it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top