Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2011, 04:37 PM

A Visit to the Apple Store

Loved the store: big, gleaming white, full of electronics and extremely helpful friendly people. No sign whatsoever on the building, just glass walls floor to ceiling streetside with just the Apple logo above ... no wording. Cool!

I didn't get exactly what I wanted. The desktop doesn't come any smaller than 21.5", quite a bit larger than I'd have preferred. I liked the laptop's size, but they all had that keyboard flat, not slightly tilted: I hated that when using Carolyn's laptop Mac. And no mouse! Just a sort of flat space that acted as a mouse when you moved your finger around .... didn't like that feature either, although I suppose it's the current thing now.
The mouse with the desktop is weird looking, nothing like my current one, and both it and the keyboard are wireless! A lot of new things to adjust to.

Anyhow, new computer sitting in its box till I get moved ..... always something!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2011, 04:58 PM

Re: A Visit to the Apple Store

Well you cant say your not with it Eileen, what a brave lass.!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2011, 05:13 PM

What did you eventually buy Eileen. Will you be able to set it up yourself?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2011, 06:21 PM

Hi Eileen, I recently replaced my desktop with a 17" laptop, but still use a wireless keyboard and mouse with it when sat at my desk, and I use the laptop keyboard and the wireless mouse when sitting in the conservatory. Gives me much more flexibility and I only need the one machine by using a wireless router.

Best of luck with the move and the new set up, and make sure you get some people in to move all those boxes for you..
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2011, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
What did you eventually buy Eileen. Will you be able to set it up yourself?
The 21.5" iMac desktop with the wireless keyboard and mouse.

No way can I set it up and transfer all the necessary date (favorites, passwords, photos) by myself! Chris will be doing that for me, bless him!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2011, 09:34 PM

Thats good Eileen that you will have a friend to do it for you. What made you choose an Apple in preference to any other make?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

09-06-2011, 02:43 AM

I've always had a Mac; got mine in '03 simply because it was considered more user friendly and less prone to viruses. And, sorry to say, have turned into a Mac snob, wouldn't consider anything else, although it was pricey!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

09-06-2011, 10:09 AM

I know what you mean Eileen. I tend to stick to one brand when I know it works. My preference is for Sony stuff and I have never been let down. I have a Sony laptop which is wireless and I have a little wireless mouse that I use with it. I will probably have something similar next time I need to buy.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

09-06-2011, 01:53 PM

Nice one Eileeen

I bet you cant wait to use it though
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

09-06-2011, 04:46 PM

A mixture of anticipation and trepidation. Like most Tauruses, I'm not fond of change; getting used to a new system will be a little, well, nervewracking....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top