Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2011, 05:11 PM

Re: A Visit to the Apple Store

You'll love it Eileen and you'll wonder how you managed without it for so long as well

I can't wait for you to get it all set up - I'm excited for you hehe
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2011, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I've always had a Mac; got mine in '03 simply because it was considered more user friendly and less prone to viruses. And, sorry to say, have turned into a Mac snob, wouldn't consider anything else, although it was pricey!
My Son has been using computers for a very long time now Eileen, he has just finished a year long advanced course, and he wouldn't use anything else only Mac's.
Anytime he comes to visit he wants to give me a computer lesson, but he drives me mad standing behind me using all the lingo, the result being it goes in one ear and out the other.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2011, 07:39 AM

I am sure that you will soon get the hang of it Eileen. I never fancied Apple products for some reason and computerwise I find home build is more reliable (if you can do it).

My son is always changing his computers about, he builds them himself and has five cluttering up one bedroom, he is a Taurus.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2011, 11:23 AM

It must be a boon having someone in the family who can sort tech. things out for you AB. I managed to un-freeze my laptop this morning, much to my surprise, but it was more by accident and trying differnet things than knowing what to do.
The Apple PCs, I think, are very reliable and they do look smart and modern. I know what Eileen means about the quality. I think once you know it works you stay with it - like I tend to do. I'm always worried in case something goes wrong, because I know I can't usually fix it - and then it costs me.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2011, 07:31 AM

Aerolor, I have been working with computers for over 50 years so if I cant sort out problems now it would be a poor thing and a lot of wasted time.LOL

I must say that when I used to do electrical tests on equipment Apple computers always gave the best results.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2011, 02:52 PM

I am lucky, my son fixes mine for me when he comes up here.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2011, 04:52 PM

A lot of people are lucky having techy sons/daughters. Mags' son is one: he walked me thru a terrible problem when I lost Firefox completely (due to trying to download FF 3 when I couldn't with OSX 10.2.8) and had to use the vestigal remains of IE to even get on line .... I was so green I didn't know back then you needed to check the system requirements before attempting to download anything ,,, Cherish your techy offspring!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2011, 07:42 PM

Don't worry, I am worse than you - haven't a flippin' clue! I tried to change over to Chrome and got stuck and scared so stayed with IE. My son is also my only saviour, click, click 'there you are Mum'. Sometimes the toolbar mysteriously moves to the side instead of the bottom and it stays there until he comes for a visit!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2011, 08:02 PM

maryl, why not have your son change to Chrome for you? I don't know about the toolbar on a PC, but on the Mac I know how to move the Dock from the bottom to the left! Quite proud of myself I was when I figured that one out!!

That noise we hear is the techy people laughing at us ....
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2011, 02:15 AM

I bought that exact same iMac a few months ago Eileen. I love everything about it. I sold both my Windows laptops and now have a powerful Windows desktop, the original iPad and my new 21.5" iMac. I've refused to run Windows software on my iMac, choosing to get cross platform versions of my favorite software like Photoshop. It has been a learning experience but the Apple is so intuitive I've had few problems. Good luck with your new toy!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top