Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2011, 04:40 PM

Weekly Menu?

Do you make one out, so you know what supplies you'll need to have? Or just ad-lib?
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2011, 06:05 PM

Re: Weekly Menu?

Oh its all rather boring at our house, we more or less have the same thing week in week out, we have finished with super markets as I throw so much away and as we have got older we dont eat much.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2011, 06:19 PM

We tend to decide our weeks menu on Monday and then just buy what we need. Like Annie says it's pretty boring and we eat pretty much the same stuff every week, but as the old saying goes, "if it aint broke....."
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2011, 07:18 PM

For years I've kept a notebook with the weekly menu; starting with Thursday, as that was the day I decided on to do my weekly shopping when I retired; a relief from the mob scene on Saturday. I do tend to have the same things, but sometimes looking back I'll see something I haven't had in a while. It gives you a sense of being in control, I think.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2011, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Do you make one out, so you know what supplies you'll need to have? Or just ad-lib?
I have a shopping list and know roughly what I will be eating that week but not on which day .

There is always a good supply of things in the house from which I can make a meal and living alone I make batches of food for the freezer.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

12-08-2011, 10:14 PM

Out of curiousity I looked thru my current notebook which goes back to '05 to see what I'd had on August 12th in previous years ...6 different things! And I was reminded of a dish I haven't fixed in ages! I suppose I'm boringly organized; but you know, at my age I really don't care if people think I'm a tad weird!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 07:36 AM

We ad-lib.

It all depends if we fancy a meal out or we decide to stay at home. At home we have whatever food is in the Fridge/Freezer.
That is the wifes department as the kitchen is her domain.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 09:59 AM

I do tend to get 'fads' for things and have the same thing a lot until I get sick of it
Latest fads, fennel salad/tapanade/marinated beef and vegetable stir fry.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 09:42 PM

Usually know what I'm having during the week, but not always on what day. If I cook in the slow cooker, there's usually enough for 3 meals, so I have a good supply in the freezer!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 10:01 PM

I have a very difficult eater here, but have overcome it by saying Ok you cook the meal then, or well I am not hungry so we will skip this meal then, havent had any complaints since.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top