Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 10:04 PM

Re: Weekly Menu?

I think the" I dont give a toss what people think of me"seems to settle on you around the seventies, and as the advert says "we deserve it"
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 10:08 PM

You got that right, Annie M!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 10:11 PM

Oh, I'm certainly not rigid about the exact day! I may have pizza scheduled for Wednesday and home made soup for Thursday, but switch if I am more in the mood for the other!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2011, 03:55 PM

I usually know what we are having through the week, the only thing that changes is Spaghetti Bolognese for Chicken Korma on alternate weeks!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2011, 01:42 AM

Goodness, I never know what I'm going to have to eat from one day to the next. It just depends what I fancy when I get home from work.

Obviously, sometimes I'll have the forethought to take something out of the freezer for that night's meal but, if I forget, I'll always wait till I know what I fancy, then I'll go raiding.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

15-08-2011, 01:47 AM

You know, that would drive me mad not knowing what I was going to fix for dinner!! Anal-retentive???
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2011, 07:06 PM

I don't adhere to a menu. I just buy what takes my fancy. I live close to some good shops, butchers and fruit and veg shops so I usually buy on a daily basis.
poppycock
hampshire England
poppycock is female  poppycock has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2011, 10:45 PM

I love to cook and I never know what delights we will eat over the week. I still cook every evening sometimes italian sometimes its egg and chips. But Iv always got a larder full of food and make it up as i feel like it. I dont hardly ever eat frozen stuff unless its something Iv cooked and frozen.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

15-08-2011, 10:54 PM

Oh poppycock I so agree; I don't eat bought frozen foods; God knows what additives and preservatives are in them, and artificial coloring. I'd rather have a simple tuna sandwich or a grilled cheese ..... I know what's in it!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2011, 01:06 AM

I miss cooking for my own family - we did make up menus and my girls liked shopping with me and helping cook.

My partner has very specific likes and dislikes, as do both his teens, so for a while I was making 4 different meals each night but finally decided to hell with that! The teens now fix their own meals. I leave a pad and pen on the kitchen table and if they don't give me ideas before I do the groceries they can survive on toast and peanut butter.

I do cook for their dad as he puts in a hard day's work but I've given up asking him what he'd like for supper because the answer is invariably "dead animal".

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top