Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 10:08 PM

Re: Old TV Series

As a Sci-Fi fan there are a few old series I always wanted to watch again.

Top of that list was Blake's 7 which had brilliant characters but was quite cheesy. I managed to find all the episodes up for viewing on the internet and worked through them. Great fun.

Similarly I would like to see Space 1999 which was also very good for its time.

Of the remaining oldies which don't regularly appear on Freeview channels I'd like to see:

The Adventure Game

This was a very early forerunner to programmes like The Crystal Maze. A bunch of people placed in a room with clues and puzzles who had to find their way out. This was also probably the first time TV audiences saw Moira Stuart.

The Singing Ringing Tree

This was a very strange Czechoslovakian series in a fantasy world where a girl or princess was stuck inside some maze and helped by strange creatures like a giant goldfish. A cruel dwarf tried his best to thwart her efforts to reach the magical singing ringing tree.

MasterSpy

This was a secret agent/espionage style game show where 3 contestants were given identities and covers and had to undertake a variety of tests and puzzles. Hosted by William Franklyn and Jenny Lee Wright. Can't remember much of it TBH which is why I'd like to see it again.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
As a Sci-Fi fan there are a few old series I always wanted to watch again.

Top of that list was Blake's 7 which had brilliant characters but was quite cheesy. I managed to find all the episodes up for viewing on the internet and worked through them. Great fun.

Similarly I would like to see Space 1999 which was also very good for its time.

Of the remaining oldies which don't regularly appear on Freeview channels I'd like to see:

The Adventure Game

This was a very early forerunner to programmes like The Crystal Maze. A bunch of people placed in a room with clues and puzzles who had to find their way out. This was also probably the first time TV audiences saw Moira Stuart.

The Singing Ringing Tree

This was a very strange Czechoslovakian series in a fantasy world where a girl or princess was stuck inside some maze and helped by strange creatures like a giant goldfish. A cruel dwarf tried his best to thwart her efforts to reach the magical singing ringing tree.

MasterSpy

This was a secret agent/espionage style game show where 3 contestants were given identities and covers and had to undertake a variety of tests and puzzles. Hosted by William Franklyn and Jenny Lee Wright. Can't remember much of it TBH which is why I'd like to see it again.

You missed one - what about UFO???
WoollyBack
Lincolnshire, UK
WoollyBack is male 

05-09-2017, 10:46 PM

A collection of sounds and images from 1970's and 1980's television

Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top