Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 08:28 AM

Re: Earthquake in Washington!

Alright, alright 'fess up - who's the person been feeding the Obamas with baked beans for the past two weeks???
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 03:42 PM

And then there's Hurricane Irene heading for the Bahamas and could affect the east coast of the US it depends on which direction it takes. We are always on hurricane alert in my office at this time of year as it produces our biggest claims. We underwrite a large amount of business in the US and will no doubt incur a loss from the quake as well.

Such is the world of insurance. Glad all are safe thats the main thing.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

24-08-2011, 04:03 PM

Glad to hear you are ok Eileen.
Strange days these, I think old Mother Nature is telling us all something and we are ignoring her.

Whatever the reason, I am glad you and yours are safe and well.

Take care.
George.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 04:04 PM

Yes, Hurrricane Irene is heading coastwise; latest projection is that we'll only have high winds and rain here in the City. Not a good week, weatherwise..... :sad:
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Yes, Hurrricane Irene is heading coastwise; latest projection is that we'll only have high winds and rain here in the City. Not a good week, weatherwise..... :sad:
Lets hope so Eileen. Stay safe

Val
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 04:24 PM

It's weird, but it makes you feel violated. Your home is where you feel safe and protected; when it turns on you so to speak it's as if there's no place safe. I'm not expressing that well ......
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 05:42 PM

Yes Eileen know what you mean,when things knock me off keel I have a very firm word with it.I shout at the TV the radio and anything that may patronise me,not in a "Annie's loosing her marbles way"just very firmly, and you are back up there, Annie.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
My first and I hope last earthquake, Jem; I sincerely hope you never experience one. It's hard to explain how weird it feels when the whole building is juddering .....The martinis are chilling in the fridge ....
Eileen it didn't dawn on me til now that you were in it! So glad you're ok.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

24-08-2011, 09:46 PM

Thanks, Annie. It was NOT a pleasant experience!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2011, 08:00 AM

DM darlin' - look at it this way - at least your Vodka & Tonic was served properly - shaken, not stirred!!!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top